WHAZ DAT SANWICH!? I R FREE?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Started by DreadStunLock, June 24, 2011, 06:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurdyMilk

Good memories with this game until my 360 crashed.  Time to get it again!

DreadStunLock

What's your name on Steam? I could get SteveTheCookie and couple of my RL friends to play together, would be fun.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

How long is this deal going on? Server is too busy to handle my request and the ETA of the download is 7 hours.

DreadStunLock

No way, your Internet must be screwed, I got to 50% from this morning in 3 hours oO.

Edit: Also, they said the deal is going to be forever by the trailer video of it being released for free.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Tried again now, seems I got trough and will be downloading now. It's at 26% already.

What is this game about anyway, what can I expect? Something like Battlefield heroes? They better not demand me to charge €20 for a boot or hat.

DreadStunLock

Oh hell no, it's hysterical, every character type has it's own fighting style and personality, they are very humorous and you should YouTube all the "Meet the <Medic/Soldier/Scout/Sniper/Enginneer/> etc

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=meet+the+team+fortress+2&aq=

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbNwvQXkYrY xDDD <---BEST!

I  am Heavy Singer Guy. And THIS... is my microphone. She weighs 150 kilograms and sounds like $200 autotuned babies at 10,000 notes? per minute. It costs $400,000 to outsing Bieber... FOR 12 SECONDS. Some people think Bieber is better... maybe... *sniff* maybe... I've yet to see Bieber's balls drop off.

Cronky

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on June 24, 2011, 06:53:18 PM
What is this game about anyway, what can I expect? Something like Battlefield heroes? They better not demand me to charge €20 for a boot or hat.

Class and Objective based Multiplayer. Plus a variety of different functioning weapons, hats and accessories. You CAN pay to have instant access to a specific weapon or apparel item (or a whole pack of them), but you also unlock them randomly through simply playing the game.

The Free 2 Play aspect seems to have some limiting factors. Such as your backpack only holding 100 items (the same items you unlock. Which it's easy to get doubles and more of each since the unlocking is random). I've also read you have limited access to some of the extra items. Otherwise, all the gameplay is still there for 0 dollars, or otherwise put, "the preferred price of anything".

To get unrestricted access to all the games features you must buy at least one thing from the MannCo store. Minimum price I've heard is 5 dollars.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

SteveTheCookie

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on June 24, 2011, 06:53:18 PMWhat is this game about anyway, what can I expect? Something like Battlefield heroes? They better not demand me to charge €20 for a boot or hat.
It's a lot better, and btw, you don't actually have to pay for items; that's just if you're too lazy to find them or craft them. xD
It's more like a regular Battlefield game. It doesn't feel very "play for free", after all, it only has been for a day.

DreadStunLock

I still can't add anyone, I have a game installed, and it lets me launch through it, but it says the steam features will be available once I have a game installed...WHAT THE FUCK!?

Apparantely, TF2 counts into category of a free game, so I have to buy a game in order to get full features of adding people. I can receive friend requests, but I can't add people....stoopid Steam...

LennardF1989

Imagine how the people who bought it moments before it went free-to-play feel like.

DreadStunLock

Cronky fixed it :) He gave me Portal for free, which is a big thank you :)

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Quote from: LennardF1989 on June 24, 2011, 09:57:51 PM
Imagine how the people who bought it moments before it went free-to-play feel like.

I was actually looking for a game yesterday and came across Team Fortress 2 and wondered if it would be any good.

Farley4Fan

@Plummet/Rocket/whatevs,

my balls have completely dropped off.  I figured that when all the the testosterone they are able to produce has been pumped into your system, they just become useless and drop off.  I figure that, for the time being, I'm as man as I'll ever be but I'll slowly become more feminine in my late 50's.  I'll also be shrinking about that time, too.  An interesting time in my life I'm sure, but for now I'll settle for being super masculine with no balls.  Chicks hate balls anyway.  I can't be assed to trim them twice weekly or even weekly.  Too much pressure for not a lot of reward.

I'm still kind of drunk.

@Agent, after all the times you begged me to get TF2, look at me now.  Downloading it for freeze.  I must be some kind of pyschic with telepathic powers you only dream of.  Beware.