So, I just found an old baby of mine...

Started by tigaer, February 15, 2010, 05:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigaer

State Union

So, I just found this. A long time ago I had a gay username (lol) and I posted up some concepts and layout for this map on ubi (sadly screens aren't there anymore but you should read through the thread anyway to hear my concepts and ideas), element54 picked it up and made it. I've heard it plays pretty good. Anybody checked it out? If not download it and tell me what you think, I've never had a good enough PC to run CT so I can't check it out right now. :(

Videos? I wish.

Also, since it's my design, we could potentially use it for PS. ;)

Savior20061

I think it's pretty good. ;)
Nice and dark, the way a Splinter Cell map should be.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

CurdyMilk

Yeah I had downloaded that map awhile ago and played it with a friend.  It was pretty good.  I have like 30 SCCT Versus maps but nobody every has any besides the map pack.  :-\  Some of my favorites that nobody has are the State Union, Sublabs, Outpost, Die Turnhalle, Cargoship, Heliport, and many more.  I wish that one site for the maps was still up so people could get those. 

LennardF1989

Quote from: CurdyMilk on February 18, 2010, 05:50:21 AM
Yeah I had downloaded that map awhile ago and played it with a friend.  It was pretty good.  I have like 30 SCCT Versus maps but nobody every has any besides the map pack.  :-\  Some of my favorites that nobody has are the State Union, Sublabs, Outpost, Die Turnhalle, Cargoship, Heliport, and many more.  I wish that one site for the maps was still up so people could get those.  
Could you zip them up (besides the ones in the mappack) and upload them somewhere? Out of personal interest, not related to PS.

Spark Mandriller

Some of my favorites that nobody has are the State Union, Sublabs, Outpost, Die Turnhalle, Cargoship, Heliport, and many more.

zat so

frvge

Die Turnhalle is one of your favourites? Ok, as a messing-around map it was ok-ish, but even then it was mediocre.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

CurdyMilk

Quote from: frvge on February 18, 2010, 11:34:27 AM
Die Turnhalle is one of your favourites? Ok, as a messing-around map it was ok-ish, but even then it was mediocre.
Yeah I know it was not that great to play a real versus game but it was a good change-up to mess around and get a good laugh at someone climbing the fence for an hour to get to the top.

CurdyMilk

Quote from: LennardF1989 on February 18, 2010, 08:14:43 AM
Yeah I had downloaded that map awhile ago and played it with a friend.  It was pretty good.  I have like 30 SCCT Versus maps but nobody every has any besides the map pack.  :-\  Some of my favorites that nobody has are the State Union, Sublabs, Outpost, Die Turnhalle, Cargoship, Heliport, and many more.  I wish that one site for the maps was still up so people could get those.  
Could you zip them up (besides the ones in the mappack) and upload them somewhere? Out of personal interest, not related to PS.

I don't know how many people even have all those anymore.  Maybe I am the only one? :(  I could zip them somewhere if you wanted.  And feel free to use them for project stealth if you are interested... but yeah I could get those to you for personal use as well.  They are on my old computer at a different location, but I should be able to get those to you somehow in the next week or so.  How should I send them?  I don't really want to create an account on fileplanet or any of those sites just to upload them.  Is there any way I could send them directly or post them on this forum?

LennardF1989

Yousendit.com allows you to send around a file of 1GB, that should be suffient. Then it's up for 7 days and you can post the link here for all people to download it. No accounts needed.

Edit:
Oh, they changed it -.- In that case depending on the size split it in mutliple file and place the links here :P Just PM me if you ever get to it.

Farley4Fan

Pics or gtfo.

(Jk)

From the description I think it sounds interesting.  Think you could ever make it?

tigaer

Quote from: Papa Skull on February 19, 2010, 03:25:12 AM
Pics or gtfo.

(Jk)

From the description I think it sounds interesting.  Think you could ever make it?
Element already made it? lol

Westfall

Quote from: Papa Skull on February 19, 2010, 03:25:12 AM
Pics or gtfo.

(Jk)

it already happened.

Tidenburg

There's not enough built in resources on UDK for me to be assed with map making. I'm far too lazy to make them all myself. ;D

Sounds nice, unfortunately I was one of the xbox fags when CT was released so I never really got into much custom content. :( How easily will it port over? Surely you'll have to make all the textures yourself?

frvge

Tidenburg, UDK contains AFAIK some of the assets of UT3... should be plenty of stuff.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.