Mid-level mapper/level designer

Started by damian3k, May 21, 2010, 07:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damian3k

I made some maps to scct, "dock" for example , "Museum 1v1" "club house 1v1" ,"club house vs Museum" and "Hard jumps 3-7" for fun. Im also 3d modeler in Blender. I would like to work with you as mapper to Project Stealth Game.

comicsserg

Have you made the actual maps of SC:CT? or just self for fun?

damian3k

I made "hard jumps" just for fun. Dock (on screens) was serious map.

LennardF1989

Hello Damian,

Thank you for your application. Do you happen to have more to show, we can't really tell anything of the 3 pictures you posted. Like, a screenshot of the layout or the map itself or something. Basically something you would want to see if someone is applying as a mapper ;)

When you're applying, please also consider the following post: http://community.projectstealthgame.com/forums/index.php/topic,1451.0.html

Lennard Fonteijn

damian3k

Nickname:damian3k
Personal status on work/college: student

For which position you apply to:mapper , Level designer
Your qualifications and skills: medium
Your experience: maps in scct, Dock and maps for fun : hard jumps 3-7

A link to previously made work / portfolio / demo reel: screens above , i will make more.
Once me and my friends were makeing mod to scct Double Theory, some screens:
http://scda2scct.20.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3
http://scda2scct.20.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

Im also good as video editor/ special effects/3d work - my demoreels: www.damian3k.pl

LennardF1989

That still doesn't show anything regarding the position you're applying for.

frvge

He'll get personal feedback. /thread.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

damian3k

comicsserg

I like your work but it seems to be very low-poly. I think that the games now have a bit more details. Still it's not me who choose the team-members here

LennardF1989

damian3k

Yes it is, i dont see any problem working on high poly game :D
I would like to make new museum version.
When do you answer my application ?

frvge

Could you make a make a simple map on paper (top down view) and then pick one area/room and then make that in UDK? Include a custom texture and maybe a simple model or two. Bonus points for Kismet.

Then we can judge level design (the paper part) and the environmental art part (UDK).
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

damian3k

What is spy size? I created room with same dimension as in SCCT in UDK and its much bigger than in CT o.0

LennardF1989

Quote1. Vent Size: 128x128
7.Grab height: I'm not exactly sure, but there is a minimum and maximum. All of which use the same animation. Grabbing using the same animation but at differant heights would be more of a engineer job. (Blending from jump to climb up where a 'grab' event is located.)
3. Door Height/width: Single door - 128x256. Double Door - 256x256.
4.Split Jump Height: 192
5. Running wall jump height of vent: Unsure. It should also be animation blend. If the player can't use a regular jump to reach the vent, he will just perform the run up wall animation that will blend into the normal climb up animation. The height is probably around 384. I'll get back to you on that.
6. COOP Height: 512
7. Rail pull height: 96 (From the lege the spy hangs from, to the top of the heighest railing point.)
8. Pole radius/width: 16
9. Zip Line radius: 4