Mid-level mapper/level designer

Started by damian3k, May 21, 2010, 07:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damian3k

Quote from: frvge on May 30, 2010, 11:32:48 AM
Nope, we don't want another SCCT-like map. Create a top-down 2D view on paper first.

Do you have any scct like maps? New version would be fun.

frvge

We've had a short internal discussion and it's a no for now.

We are looking for a mapper who has the experience of creating a new, well-balanced map from scratch. This includes proper flow, chokepoints, multiple routes with each having pros and cons (danger vs speed vs light vs potentially filled with mines) all packed together.

I suggest you make a good, non-CT map, in UDK and then ask again in 4 months.

Thanks!
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

frvge

Regarding your question: Lakehouse was originally based on Clubhouse, but has strayed from it so much that we call it our own. Lakehouse was also said to be the only map that'd be loosely based on an existing map. All other maps need to be 100% new.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

damian3k

Quote from: frvge on May 30, 2010, 11:48:31 AM
We've had a short internal discussion and it's a no for now.

ask again in 4 months.

So i cant design now totaly new level, and start working on that, i have to wait 4 months?

frvge

You can always start on something. You can re-apply in 4 months. With a bit of luck, you can have a considerable part of the basics done by then. :)

damian3k

Its a long time, can i just show you map design faster, then start working on map. And mayby re-apply faster? I have holidays now, so much time to do something.

frvge

We'll see then. In general, it's impossible to make a good map in only 4 months.

damian3k

I not going to create whole map in that time, i didnt even show any of my work before you said no. I want to creat that room to rate. And show some designs of whole level.

comicsserg

show them then and make a level. And we will decided

damian3k

I will make few rooms to show what i can , if you decide its ok then i will make whole level. One more question , there will be no problems using level made in UDK in PS? For example static meshes have more options in PS (visions for example)

comicsserg

you just need to show us what are you capable of. Dont think over other stuff yet