Main Menu

Game Designer

Started by Yabab, August 19, 2010, 09:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yabab

Hi, I'm Yabab, real name's Roni.
18 years old.

* Currently attending College in Technology for Digital Games.
* EFL Teacher.
* Founder/Game Designer of game studio in Brazil.

I'm applying for Game Designer, it's a very scope-wide position. I'm more comfortable working with the specializations of World, System and Content Design as well as a bit of writing, if necessary.

* Understanding of challenge flow, story beats, game mechanic craft and bunch of other game related theories and practices.
* Familiar with cohesive writing techniques, uses, advantages and disadvantages of exposing (on purpose) too much or too little of your backstory/lore.

Non-professional experience for over a year. Have five designs of my own. One of them currently finishing pre-production.

My work is mainly connected to ideas, since ideas don't really have owners I'd be willing to show some of what I have in private conversations. You could also check my blog where I write about somethings design. Have to update since I've learned a lot of things in these last 2 months.

Limited experience with modelling and scripting. Never tried my hand at animating.

I've been following Project Stealth for a couple of years I think. Ever since a buddy of mine showed me the site and said it was a project to relive Chaos Theory. I heard the original idea was scrapped due to legal reasons. I was talking to AgentX about how I was working as an independent game designer and he asked me to apply here to help with whatever I can. So here I am. You can also find me on Xfire, yabab.

LennardF1989

The actual Gameplay is pretty much rock solid and on paper already, not much we are gonna change about it (especially with a beta release in sight). Got anything else of which you say: I really can give you a hand at that?

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Yabab

Yeah, I figured gameplay-wise you'd be pretty stable thus far, like you said, how can you hope to release a beta if you still have doubts or things to wrap up in your gameplay.

Although gameplay is not all I work with. I could also contribute with content creation, such as gadgets or weapons for future patches or full release if you plan on going ahead with the project, as I assume you probably do or balacing issues, which I also assume you don't have much. But it's also what I do. Pretty much the whole thing in the player experience area.

I understand that maybe this is not so important for you right now. Feel free to contact me through my email if you need anything, though. Best of luck with the project!