Main Menu

Level Design

Started by Innocent-US, May 31, 2007, 07:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iservealot

Quote from: Innocent-US on May 31, 2007, 07:25:10 PM
Hey everyone. I would like to offer my time to help design and create some great levels. You can see my work on my first experience with UED and the first certified Chaos Theory map: Offshore Oilrig.

I believe the map demonstrates great atmosphere and is a good example of some of the more "interesting" environments I could produce. The map does have it's flaws but I have learned from them and I have two more maps on the backburner that I may just finish for CT.

Let me know what I can do to help, and in the mean time I'll be around the forums.

Just a suggestion, why don't you concept a level new level design, and post it here? Maybe even model some of it in CT or something.

Zedblade

Quote from: iservealot on June 02, 2007, 08:07:18 PM
Hey everyone. I would like to offer my time to help design and create some great levels. You can see my work on my first experience with UED and the first certified Chaos Theory map: Offshore Oilrig.

I believe the map demonstrates great atmosphere and is a good example of some of the more "interesting" environments I could produce. The map does have it's flaws but I have learned from them and I have two more maps on the backburner that I may just finish for CT.

Let me know what I can do to help, and in the mean time I'll be around the forums.

Just a suggestion, why don't you concept a level new level design, and post it here? Maybe even model some of it in CT or something.

Why would he do that? He already has something for us to look at (Oilrig) and he states he already has othe map near completeion to show. Why would he creat something new just so he could humor you.

iservealot

Quote from: Zedblade on June 02, 2007, 09:59:32 PM

Why would he do that? He already has something for us to look at (Oilrig) and he states he already has othe map near completeion to show. Why would he creat something new just so he could humor you.

I must be blind, because I don't read anywhere in that quote that he has something almost finished to show. I do however, see that he has two unfinished maps siting on the "back burner".

Innocent-US

I will be working on one of the maps I never finished. It was my take on Alcatraz, but now that I went to look for it it turns out I lost it =(. Oh well, this will allow me to rethink the floorplan and make an even better level. I'll start carving out the rooms in the following weeks. Zed, did you get my PM?

Zedblade

Quote from: iservealot on June 03, 2007, 09:22:22 PM
Quote from: Zedblade on June 02, 2007, 09:59:32 PM

I must be blind, because I don't read anywhere in that quote that he has something almost finished to show. I do however, see that he has two unfinished maps siting on the "back burner".

lol. yeah ur blind. and you make stuff up.

Innocent-US

Iservealot if you want to see a level I have made check out Oilrig. It has it's quirks but it seems to be a fun map. I am working on another map at the moment and I'll let you know when it's presentable.

Spekkio

Aside from auto-roll deaths from spawn (which is a problem with the game, not your map), the bugged cameras, and the double obj indicators on the HUD the map is very solid.

Innocent-US

Bugged cameras and double objectives? Yikes, those never came up during testing...and this is the first I have heard of it. I will make sure to have several more hours testing this new map.

LiVe.To.Di3

i am sure it will be nice

Overstatement

You'll be paid by the number of ads you put in your levels.

Who made Clarity Soft Inc.? That map was beautiful (but I've never played it in a game).

Bionic-Blob

Gawain

Quote from: Overstatement on June 09, 2007, 04:33:51 PM
You'll be paid by the number of ads you put in your levels.
yeah let's make some money with ingame advertising like in bf2142 lol

Quote from: Overstatement on June 09, 2007, 04:33:51 PM
Who made Clarity Soft Inc.? That map was beautiful (but I've never played it in a game).
me2. but i think it would suck gameplay-wise.

Zedblade

Quote from: Spekkio on June 08, 2007, 12:39:38 AM
Aside from auto-roll deaths from spawn (which is a problem with the game, not your map), the bugged cameras, and the double obj indicators on the HUD the map is very solid.

don't forget you can snipe/nade spy spawn as well. GAWD INNOCENT U SUCK!

goodkebab

yeah! welcome Innocent...i dont think there was ever a question of you joining us