Junior Character Animator

Started by Darkoso, December 21, 2010, 09:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkoso

Hello!

I've been following Project Stealth for 2 years now and I've always wanted to participate in it. I'm going to follow the rules for posting an application.

My nickname here is Darkoso but I also play in SCCT as StewieGriffin. I'm 21 years old and I'm currently enrolled at Animation Mentor.com studying Character Animation. I've just finished Class 1 and I have 15 more months until I finish the degree. I don't expect my current status to change within the next year.

So far I've animated very basic models but all of them have good sense of weight, timing, exaggeration and anticipation, so I believe that I can tackle some junior animation with success. In the future, I'll update this post with more complex body mechanics animation, but in the meantime I would love to help you or to do any tests if you guys believe that I could help somehow animating something you require.

This is my progress reel, comments and opinions are always welcome!
http://www.manumenendez.com/animation-reel/

I would be more than happy to be part of such an amazing team.

Keep up the amazing work and thanks for reading! :)

comicsserg

I wish I could apply into AnimationMentor but it's only if you live in US and I'm not in US

frvge

Hey Darkoso,

I might have an idea for your skills, but I'll have to talk to some other guys first and some of them are on a holiday now. If I haven't gotten back to you in the first week of January, please remind me ;)

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Darkoso

Hi comicsserg!
I am happy to tell you, and thus you should be too haha, that that's wrong.
The only requirements to attend Animation Mentor is to have a proficient level of English, have graduated from highschool and be 18 years old at least.
In fact, I'm from Spain, I attend the classes from here and I have classmates all around the world in New Zealand, Australia, Germany, and tons of other places as you can imagine.
If you really love animation look into it, you won't regret it!
Let me know if you have any further questions.

Darkoso

Quote from: frvge on December 21, 2010, 10:50:12 PM
Hey Darkoso,

I might have an idea for your skills, but I'll have to talk to some other guys first and some of them are on a holiday now. If I haven't gotten back to you in the first week of January, please remind me ;)

Will do, frvge!
Thanks and happy holidays!

comicsserg

Quote from: Darkoso on December 21, 2010, 10:51:26 PM
Hi comicsserg!
I am happy to tell you, and thus you should be too haha, that that's wrong.
The only requirements to attend Animation Mentor is to have a proficient level of English, have graduated from highschool and be 18 years old at least.
In fact, I'm from Spain, I attend the classes from here and I have classmates all around the world in New Zealand, Australia, Germany, and tons of other places as you can imagine.
If you really love animation look into it, you won't regret it!
Let me know if you have any further questions.

OOO really I thought I read somewhere that you should be in US. But if you say it isn't then I'll maybe have the chance to apply. I'm now in my last year in the college so maybe I'll see if I can apply after I'm graduated :D

Thx for the mail btw

frvge

A quick question: can you rig simple non-character objects?
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Darkoso

Quote from: frvge on December 23, 2010, 02:04:19 AM
A quick question: can you rig simple non-character objects?

I don't know anything about rigging at all cause in the school we are given all the rigs.

I could give it a try, but as I'm focusing on animation I really don't know what my skills could achieve.

Darkoso

Hi guys! I have updated my progress reel with 3 new shots! Feel free to have a look at it, I'd love to hear your opinions/critiques!

http://www.manumenendez.com/animation-reel/

frvge

My plugins crash so I can't view it. Can you make an avi as a downloadable link? Also, can you say what has been added (if that's not clear from the video)?

Darkoso

Thanks for the interest, frvge!

The new shots are the first 3 ones (dance, run/jump, turn 180º)

I hope you can see it here, otherwise let me know and I'll update it in a different format.

http://www.manumenendez.com/progressreelclass2.zip

frvge

How's your choreography for short cinematics?