Spawn points and how important they are (Anti-Spawn-Camping)

Started by nubishdubishbone, September 26, 2013, 07:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nubishdubishbone

I was playing some Blacklist solo, and was on the "Hacker's Den" map where there are cameras spotted around the industrial zones... Long story short it got me remembering the old days of CT cameras and how i had a difficult time with them while being chased by a merc.

But the point is it made me remember being a merc and on a map like clubhouse or Station, it was sooo easy to spawn camp on the spies, made it almost impossible for spies to get out of the spawn and made the game feel stupid if you know what i mean.

I think every map should have 4-5 spawn points to just wash that all away, so the mercs never know where exactly the spies will spawn and the objectives will become the priority, also merc spawns should be varied just as much so the reciprocal doesn't happen.

Sorry for creating a new thread if this has been discussed before but the last post i seen about spawns was from 2011...
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

frvge

Just having more than 2 entry routes, that are hard to 100% protect with mines, should work. :)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

Yea... In Club you could only enter through the hall or through the garden. If one merc camped at each spot then the spies had a hard time to get by unnoticed. Aquarius handled part much better.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

Aquarius had spawns that were easily minable. I think Orphanage did better. 2 sides entrance split up in multiple endpoints, and then there was the upperfloor. About 7 entrances.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

SheikTheGeek

Quote from: frvge on September 26, 2013, 08:18:04 PM
Just having more than 2 entry routes, that are hard to 100% protect with mines, should work. :)

This solves the issue.  Good map design eliminates the need for multiple spawns points.
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

WTaFa(Wraith)

What could be more adrenaline engaged then a little spawn rape?

Spawn raPPing

When I came in the thieves were in their spawn,
When I went out the thieves were all gone.
I firespammed the whole place,
Then I smacked down every face,
Then there was hella whining,
'Cus them foos couldn't handle my GRINDING*
Then I did it again and again,
So I got kickbanned never to come back again,
So I changed my IP and I got a new ID,
But I keep on with my mad ways 'cus I'm migh-ty!
Join Project Stealth Wiki development. Join clan of non-violence infiltrators
Wraith Guild for exploring December release of Thieves vs Guard Stealth Online Multiplayer.