Sound engineer - musician

Started by Shouvin-US, November 17, 2006, 11:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shouvin-US

I can do any kind of music you ask me to do, even some sound effects.  I can do anything you ask in the music field.

Blane

Can you provide some examples of your work please and perhaps tell use why you should be on the team as opposed to someone else who is good with music?  :)

Thanks!

-Blane

MacBryce

Yes, thank you, Blane.  :D

For the sound engineer/musician position, I'd really recommend that you upload some of your previous work. A lot of people that apply for that position immediately post a preliminairy theme song for us, while it's still way too early in this project for that. Just post something that shows what you're capable of. Use a short sample if you don't want to put a complete song's MP3 on the net.

Here's the standard message that I post below every sollicitation.
Thanks for the offer. Check the site to stay up to date. When enough people have signed up, we're going to assemble the actual team. In the meantime you can chat in the public discussion about the game. Don't forget to spread the word. We still need more developers.

Meathead

Lol Blane but yea good thinking :D

Shouvin-US

http://www.freakinjerk.com/Videos/

This is probably the main stuff you're looking for, but I'll still include other examples of my work.  These are videos made by Weezer-US, and then he got me to do all the music for it afterwards.  So basically, the video was made, then in post production the music.  Also, I included a "Zombz.mp3" file, which is the music I did for his latest and greatest Zombie film.  It should be compiled soon but the file is giving him problems so no go as of yet on having it ready to show.

http://www.freakinjerk.com/Music/Solo/

All that stuff is mine that I've done solo, the Attest stuff is basically music I'm making to learn more about Reason 3, and the other 2 tracks are songs I had written years ago remastered, and again soon to be remastered.

http://www.freakinjerk.com/Music/Vulture%20Extermination/

Here's some of my group before I moved.  Well, I wouldn't say group, it was my friend Grant and I dicking around over the past few years at random intervals, creating what is known today, amongst our friends, as the greatest rock band to have ever been created.  In any case we'd just get bored and decide to make a song every now and then, and this is the product.

http://www.freakinjerk.com/Music/Eternal%20Hailstorms/

This is another one of the 2 person groups I made.  We mesh a little differently in this, and decided to make some mock-genere songs, and in my opinion they came out pretty to-spec.

In any case this all my stuff I can actually show you guys, but I've been writing for a long longer than any of these MP3s have existed.  I can't post up any of that stuff because it requires a certain program to play and I'm not getting into that.  I'm soon to be starting doing musical scores for a professional post-production film company too, and I'm in school for record engineering. 

Just keep in mind that the stuff you hear on here doesn't in any way lock me into being able to write only one genere or type of music either.  Also, we could have a couple musicians working on this too if they wanted to use a basic program like Reason 3, we could just toss the file back and forth and elaborate on what each other has written, which is how I usually get the best results when writing music anyway.

ElShotte

MR.Mic

[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Shouvin-US

yeah, Crimson Valour was a song written years ago and we always said we'd record it, and we finally got around to it, but in the middle of it I kept getting new equipment, and we had to rerecord that thing quite a few times before it got to be what it is today.  We never finished it but it's pretty damn close and we had gotten the whole first part done which is the only part that was written beforehand, so technically we won the game.

Fitty_cent_rappa

hey on the other post of hughie121 or whatever his name is i saw a post that said the turok 2 seeds of evil music was pretty cool. kok4f4n said that... well i got a rom and an emulator of it and i just recorded the menu music so i was wondering if kok4f4n would still like it...what do you say,kok4f4n?

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Yeah, why not?
I was thinking of the music when the girl explains to Turok the stuff when you start a new game.

Tidenburg

Nice, thats really good. The alarm kind of ruined it for me though  :-\
Woah, MySQL error, this comment has gone to the wrong page ?!?

Gawain

the links don't work for me, they point at a random link advertising page -.-

Gui Brazil

Shouvin is really awesome. Seen some of his works before and I guess he could help alot with songs and sounds needed.

Gawain

i have only 1 track called "zombz", and it's quite good. is it from you?
damn those links don't work for me, i wanna hear more stuff ^^

Fitty_cent_rappa

i dont know how i could record that without having adons voice in the clip