Author Topic: Ask-the-Devs  (Read 73521 times)

Offline Denny

• View Profile
Re: Ask-the-Devs
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 12:06:07 PM »
Are you guys actively searching for animators atm?  It seems like every post I see the devs are talking about waiting for the animators to catch up.  Looks like they are the key to getting the developing process going from what I can see.

Let's just say that animation tends to be the most underestimated part of mod development and that the animators in this team tends to have other things to do outside of PS.

Offline Zedblade

• Production Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 12:20:48 PM »
Are you guys actively searching for animators atm?  It seems like every post I see the devs are talking about waiting for the animators to catch up.  Looks like they are the key to getting the developing process going from what I can see.

Let's just say that animation tends to be the most underestimated part of mod development and that the animators in this team tends to have other things to do outside of PS.

no and no.

Animations are not underestimated, at least not by the PS dev team. W'eve been expressing how important animations are for a while now and only now have you begun to listen.

It's not like the animators are the only ones that have an outside life. You act like everyone else has made ps their thing 24/7 and do nothing else... :/

Offline Denny

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 12:37:43 PM »
Don't jump the gun. Did I say PS specificially? No, I said "Mod development". I also said why it's taking time for the animations to get finished, not what the rest of the guys are doing. Just because I'm saying that we animators have a life outside PS doesn't mean I'm saying you guys don't.

And just for your information - the only reason why I came back is because I know you guys desperately need animations, so don't tell me I didn't know.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 12:42:59 PM by Denny »

Offline AgentX_003

• The fire under your ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 01:15:31 PM »
Don't jump the gun. Did I say PS specificially? No, I said "Mod development". I also said why it's taking time for the animations to get finished, not what the rest of the guys are doing. Just because I'm saying that we animators have a life outside PS doesn't mean I'm saying you guys don't.

And just for your information - the only reason why I came back is because I know you guys desperately need animations, so don't tell me I didn't know.

go go  Mighty Morphin Denny !

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Offline Hyrage

• Montreal, Qc, Canada - French humour always fails
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 03:47:50 PM »

go go  Mighty Morphin Denny !
lollllll
Yeah, the animations are often minimized in the MODS, but it's usually because we would be talking about a FPS game. Projet Stealth isn't completely a FPS and one of the key Elements are the Character Animations. So, I doubt that they will risk to screwed up this part  ::).

Long life to PS. I always been a huge fan of stealth-action games even in a total FPS game XD... backstab! lolll (kidding)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 03:58:21 PM by HBW_Hyrage »
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1015/achievement3zo3.jpg[/img]

"Video Games are art, but we don't play art, we play games."

Offline scope2005

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 07:41:12 PM »
General Question:  What do you guys think the hardest part of this mod will be to create, and why?

Offline MulleDK19

• 1337 Programmer
  • Production Team
  • Love is the delusion that women are different
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 07:59:48 PM »
At first, I thought the environmental interaction. But now, I'm more worried about replication XD

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

Offline Overstatement

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »
Programming in the worst language possible.

Offline Westfall

• Probably the best Westfall in the world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 09:40:47 PM »
@ GUI: What have you done so far for the project and how has it influenced the team?

Secondly, why have u been ignoring my calls? You know I can't stand when you do that...rawr

Offline Gui Brazil

• One vodka, two vodka, three vodka, floor
  • Keep on rocking!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 10:07:52 PM »
@ GUI: What have you done so far for the project and how has it influenced the team?

Secondly, why have u been ignoring my calls? You know I can't stand when you do that...rawr
I feel so important. :-*
I've done props (which is everything you see in the map that isn't the merc/spy or the walls) for Project Stealth since I joined it. It's basically the same that binary does but instead of doing the gadgets I do...props.

West, are you sure you're not calling Victoria's Secrets?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 11:20:25 PM by Gui Brazil »

Offline Westfall

• Probably the best Westfall in the world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 10:09:28 PM »

I feel so important. :-*
I've done props (which is everything you see in the map that isn't the merc/spy or the walls) for Project Stealth since I joined it. It's basically the same that binary does but instead of doing the gadgets I do...props.

West, are you sure you're not calling Victoria's Secrets?

They told me to call back because you knew the secret...They transfer me to you, but to no avail.

-edit: removed silly links-
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 11:22:54 PM by frvge »

Offline Farley4Fan

• Fan 4 Farley
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2008, 12:12:21 AM »
I know the secret.  I've got tapping skills.  It's naughty, very very naughty.   :-X

Offline I <3 U

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2008, 06:40:03 PM »
To one of the Level Designers:
Will vents/doors/coop height etc be the same size/distance as in ct?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:48:04 PM by FR33M4N »

Offline Zedblade

• Production Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2008, 08:53:21 PM »
To one of the Level Designers:
Will vents/doors/coop height etc be the same size/distance as in ct?  Thanks.

yes

Offline Farley4Fan

• Fan 4 Farley
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2008, 11:48:11 PM »
Will you put some variation in those sizes?  Maybe not coop, but vents shouldn't all look the same imo.  If you guys have time, will you make vents have their own distinct looks?  Take a look at CT, all the vents have that basic grayish metallic theme.  I say put some rust, change some colors, sizes etc...