Main Menu

Ask-the-Devs

Started by frvge, February 21, 2008, 09:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denny

Quote from: Papa Skull on February 24, 2008, 02:16:46 AM
Are you guys actively searching for animators atm?  It seems like every post I see the devs are talking about waiting for the animators to catch up.  Looks like they are the key to getting the developing process going from what I can see.

Let's just say that animation tends to be the most underestimated part of mod development and that the animators in this team tends to have other things to do outside of PS.

Zedblade

Quote from: Denny on February 24, 2008, 12:06:07 PM
Quote from: Papa Skull on February 24, 2008, 02:16:46 AM
Are you guys actively searching for animators atm?  It seems like every post I see the devs are talking about waiting for the animators to catch up.  Looks like they are the key to getting the developing process going from what I can see.

Let's just say that animation tends to be the most underestimated part of mod development and that the animators in this team tends to have other things to do outside of PS.

no and no.

Animations are not underestimated, at least not by the PS dev team. W'eve been expressing how important animations are for a while now and only now have you begun to listen.

It's not like the animators are the only ones that have an outside life. You act like everyone else has made ps their thing 24/7 and do nothing else... :/

Denny

Don't jump the gun. Did I say PS specificially? No, I said "Mod development". I also said why it's taking time for the animations to get finished, not what the rest of the guys are doing. Just because I'm saying that we animators have a life outside PS doesn't mean I'm saying you guys don't.

And just for your information - the only reason why I came back is because I know you guys desperately need animations, so don't tell me I didn't know.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Denny on February 24, 2008, 12:37:43 PM
Don't jump the gun. Did I say PS specificially? No, I said "Mod development". I also said why it's taking time for the animations to get finished, not what the rest of the guys are doing. Just because I'm saying that we animators have a life outside PS doesn't mean I'm saying you guys don't.

And just for your information - the only reason why I came back is because I know you guys desperately need animations, so don't tell me I didn't know.

go go  Mighty Morphin Denny !

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Hyrage

Quote from: AgentX_003 on February 24, 2008, 01:15:31 PM
Quote from: Denny on February 24, 2008, 12:37:43 PM

go go  Mighty Morphin Denny !
lollllll
Yeah, the animations are often minimized in the MODS, but it's usually because we would be talking about a FPS game. Projet Stealth isn't completely a FPS and one of the key Elements are the Character Animations. So, I doubt that they will risk to screwed up this part  ::).

Long life to PS. I always been a huge fan of stealth-action games even in a total FPS game XD... backstab! lolll (kidding)
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1015/achievement3zo3.jpg[/img]

"Video Games are art, but we don't play art, we play games."

scope2005

General Question:  What do you guys think the hardest part of this mod will be to create, and why?

MulleDK19

At first, I thought the environmental interaction. But now, I'm more worried about replication XD

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

Overstatement

Programming in the worst language possible.

Westfall

@ GUI: What have you done so far for the project and how has it influenced the team?

Secondly, why have u been ignoring my calls? You know I can't stand when you do that...rawr

Gui Brazil

Quote from: Westfall-US on February 25, 2008, 09:40:47 PM
@ GUI: What have you done so far for the project and how has it influenced the team?

Secondly, why have u been ignoring my calls? You know I can't stand when you do that...rawr
I feel so important. :-*
I've done props (which is everything you see in the map that isn't the merc/spy or the walls) for Project Stealth since I joined it. It's basically the same that binary does but instead of doing the gadgets I do...props.

West, are you sure you're not calling Victoria's Secrets?

Westfall

Quote from: Gui Brazil on February 25, 2008, 10:07:52 PM
Quote from: Westfall-US on February 25, 2008, 09:40:47 PM

I feel so important. :-*
I've done props (which is everything you see in the map that isn't the merc/spy or the walls) for Project Stealth since I joined it. It's basically the same that binary does but instead of doing the gadgets I do...props.

West, are you sure you're not calling Victoria's Secrets?

They told me to call back because you knew the secret...They transfer me to you, but to no avail.

-edit: removed silly links-

Farley4Fan

I know the secret.  I've got tapping skills.  It's naughty, very very naughty.   :-X

I <3 U

To one of the Level Designers:
Will vents/doors/coop height etc be the same size/distance as in ct?  Thanks.

Zedblade

Quote from: FR33M4N on February 26, 2008, 06:40:03 PM
To one of the Level Designers:
Will vents/doors/coop height etc be the same size/distance as in ct?  Thanks.

yes

Farley4Fan

Will you put some variation in those sizes?  Maybe not coop, but vents shouldn't all look the same imo.  If you guys have time, will you make vents have their own distinct looks?  Take a look at CT, all the vents have that basic grayish metallic theme.  I say put some rust, change some colors, sizes etc...