Main Menu

Ask-the-Devs

Started by frvge, February 21, 2008, 09:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I <3 U

Question to whoever knows:

You said you have the basic first person view of merc done, and 3rd person view of spy done, can u put some screenshots somewhere, i wanna see how sexy it all looks?

Oh and another thing, will you guys be asigning different buttons for grab and punch?

frvge

Quote from: FR33M4N on March 08, 2008, 12:53:44 AM
You said you have the basic first person view of merc done, and 3rd person view of spy done, can u put some screenshots somewhere, i wanna see how sexy it all looks?
Not yet

Quote from: FR33M4N on March 08, 2008, 12:53:44 AM
Oh and another thing, will you guys be asigning different buttons for grab and punch?
Yes
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cyntrox

frvge, how the hell do you pronounce your nickname?

frvge

ef-ar-vee-gee-ee or fridge  ;D
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Zedblade

Quote from: Cyntrox on March 08, 2008, 01:15:21 AM
frvge, how the hell do you pronounce your nickname?

I pronounce it 'douchebag.'

Gui Brazil

Quote from: frvge on March 08, 2008, 01:16:26 AM
ef-ar-vee-gee-ee or fridge  ;D

calling him fridge is so much easier.

neth

To map creator dev (Zedblade?):

In other topic frvge said you have plenty of map ideas. What are these ideas and whats the priority of creating them?

Farley4Fan

Also @ Zedblade:  Are the maps going to be taken from the ideas of the community?  Or is it strictly all ideas from the dev team?  You guys should hold a vote or something.

Zedblade

Quote from: neth on March 16, 2008, 09:06:41 PM
To map creator dev (Zedblade?):

In other topic frvge said you have plenty of map ideas. What are these ideas and whats the priority of creating them?

So far we have three 'official' maps. One of which is in pre-alpha state and the other two in initial design and prop construction stage. I won't say anything about the two in initial design but It's pretty obvious which one is in pre-alpha. There is a rendered out screenshot floating around here somewhere... even though it's from a pretty old build. However, I can say what everyone already knows, it is inspired by Clubhouse. However, It will only have a passing resemblance to the CT map and will  be a completely different map with its own set of tactics and strategy. Also, it is and will be the only map based on anything from CT.

And of course, The pre-alpha map has priority over all the others, since it will be the basis for balancing and creating standards and other things.

As for my personal Ideas I can say what I want since they aren't yet official PS maps. These maps may or may not be PS maps. They may never be made, become strictly UT3 maps or just fall into the black oblivion that is my mind.

Sunshine: Set in an research station orbiting the Sun. One main feature would be using the Light to hide by turning off certain windows Filters and letting the pure sunlight flood the room, obscuring all vision. If you seen the movie Sunshine, this is pretty much a complete rip-off :P.

Crashsite: Set in an open clearing in the middle of a forest. In the clearing is a crashed alien vessel surrounded by US government Tents and Trailers.

Endgame: Less amount of design as gone into this one. The idea however is that it takes place during Armageddon, with Nukes going off in the background.. Story details aren't fleshed out completely, so this one is still very early.

Out of those three, Sunshine is the furthest along. It's the only non-official PS map that is actually in the Editor.

Keep in mind PS takes place in the future. Not super far away, but about 30-40 years from now.

Quote from: Papa Skull on March 17, 2008, 06:35:26 AM
Also @ Zedblade:  Are the maps going to be taken from the ideas of the community?  Or is it strictly all ideas from the dev team?  You guys should hold a vote or something.

That's a possibility, but It won't happen untill our official maps are done or really close to be completed.

frvge

Note that the maps Zed just named are his personal maps. His ideas haven't been discussed yet in the team ;) (first time I see them too).

Anyway, we listen to the fans, but we don't have the capacity to focus on more than 1 map at a time. Making a map takes many months, so don't expect anything new to surface soon.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Will there be a separate patch for UEd to make maps or everything will be done with the current editor?

frvge

Quote from: Liqu1D_133 on March 17, 2008, 10:26:25 PM
Will there be a separate patch for UEd to make maps or everything will be done with the current editor?
There will be some files that you'll need to change. It's too soon to really get into details, but generally it's just the UE3 editor.

neth

These are questions to any dev that can answer them.

1. How's the animation part going on ? What percentage of all animations needed you have right now ?
   Do you suffer from not having required ammount of animators ?
2. Has there been any changes in weapon model ? Has the hands been added to it ?
3. What is kebab working on now, when char. models are finished ?
4. When can we expect new tick tock thread ? Nothing has been revealed for over 2 months.

frvge

Quote from: neth on March 17, 2008, 11:23:44 PM
1. How's the animation part going on ? What percentage of all animations needed you have right now ?
   Do you suffer from not having required ammount of animators ?
Limikkin is back, so we hope we'll have some more soon. There are a LOT of needed animations. I believe we have counted over 60 for the Spy. Compare that to the 20-30 of a normal FPS. I think you can do the math: we still have a long way to go, but we'll get there.
2. Has there been any changes in weapon model ? Has the hands been added to it ?
The screenshot you saw was just a mockup/render without the Merc model.
Hands have not been added to it, but that can be interpreted in multiple ways...
3. What is kebab working on now, when char. models are finished ?
He's been busy with making a kick-ass logo. And he's busy with work.
4. When can we expect new tick tock thread ? Nothing has been revealed for over 2 months.
No comment, but you'll probably like it when it's here.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Will the maps be made mostly with static meshas as in UT3 or it'll be more BSP work?