Main Menu

Ask-the-Devs

Started by frvge, February 21, 2008, 09:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T2C LeBron

Quote from: HBW_Hyrage on April 01, 2008, 04:09:23 AM
I thought most of the people here were playing the PC version!?

Nope but i play computer games COD4, COD2, crysis ect

The reason I stuck to xbox sc is because its less buggy, I know the community, gamebattles(well not anymore), and everyone has the same setup no advantages ect., were not the plague don't worry.

Cyntrox

Most people on here play PC, but there's still a few who plays xbox.

Oh, and this is very off-topic.

Spekkio

You would think so since this is slated to be a PC mod, but oh well.

T2C LeBron

Quote from: Spekkio on April 01, 2008, 02:13:09 PM
You would think so since this is slated to be a PC mod, but oh well.

Just because we have a xbox doesn't make us not have computers....plus nobody is(can) make a xbox mod.

Farley4Fan

After the hours I've put into PC on CT, around 30 safe to say, I can say that xbox version is a lot less buggy/laggy.  Sure controls may be better, but the netcode award definitely goes to console versions.  To me, it's still preference, and I still prefer xbox version.  I've got a good PC but the problem is that my 8800GT doesn't run CT well because it has a dynamic shadows glitch.  That takes away a lot from the game.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: T2C LeBron on April 01, 2008, 12:40:59 AM
Quote from: Papa Skull on March 31, 2008, 09:24:33 PM
Quote from: Spekkio on March 31, 2008, 04:17:37 PM
QuoteFlash bangs are garbage on PC compared to xbox version. 
LoL?

Flashbangs are plenty effective. You may not prefer them, but they are just as good as smoke.

I said they are garbage compared to xbox version's flash bangs.  They are much more effective on xbox and even when they are that powerful they aren't overpowering.  You think they are plenty effective? You don't know what you're missing.  They aren't as good as smoke, even on the xbox version.

Papa skull who r you? I've never seen you on xbl for ct, and i know almost everyone.  Are you one of those DM'ers?

I don't use flash i take spybullets instead.  Smoke is plenty for me.  But thats just ME i guess. I have a question do people play ct on comp?  Because i'm so close to buying it because you can use xbox controller for SPY.

Lmao, as far as I know, I've always been papa skull.  Maybe you know me by the following names:  Appl3Gen0cider, or Baddboyz1322 (first name I had, randomly generated)

I've never seen you either on xbox.  What times do you play?  Are you from Europe/Asia? If so, you play at different hours than me most likely.  That's probably why we never see eachother online.  Either that or we just happen to miss eachother all the time.

neth

To anyone: When will we be able to see new update ? Its been 3 months now without revealing anything new and it would be good to show us and people on moddb or other sites new stuff so they dont thing the mod is dead...

LennardF1989

"Just you wait" - Worms 2

frvge

I made a new thread. It only needs to be filled now ;)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

I <3 U

Quote from: neth on April 12, 2008, 10:27:18 PM
To anyone: When will we be able to see new update ? Its been 3 months now without revealing anything new and it would be good to show us and people on moddb or other sites new stuff so they dont thing the mod is dead...

Yeh u guys should hurry the F up already with some screens or something, im getting impatient here. :P

Phaaze

I think it'd be interesting if the graphic designers, modelers, and animators could make three separate educational videos for one specific model... (Such as the Rotating Camera...) Would be cool to see how things are made from a blank slate to being rendered and then animated.

Plus it would give the anxious people here on the forums something else to view and hold their hunger for a bit longer. ;)

goodkebab

Teaching people the trade requires a lot of time to do,  time that takes us away from PS.  What people may not understand is that some of us like myself have 2-3 hrs in the day dedicated to PS and the rest of the time is required for real life. (job, family,  house chores).

So time to to teach or create tutorials is negligable, especially when we ourselves did the research on the net to learn it!

Gawain

yeah i don't want any previes that take away too much time from working on the project.

Farley4Fan

Same here.  But maybe if you guys are waiting on someone to finish something up so you can keep going you could do something like that.  But not while it takes work time away from something that takes a long time.

Gui Brazil

I really liked the way Mic presented the EMF and I actually think that more like those would be good on the next tick tocks but making instructional videos and teaching how to model/texture/animate/whatever, that's a whole different story..