Main Menu

Ask-the-Devs

Started by frvge, February 21, 2008, 09:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tr1k

Hi all  :) I would like to know if There will be a mode "rank" as on scct ?
Your last vidéo "Basic movement Animations" is  Is interesting ;).

frvge

We currently are not planning ranked games because it promotes bad sportmanship to gain more points/lose less points, but it should be easy to add later.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Tr1k

Thank you for the fast answer  :)
I can understand than the "rank" mode Will be not to integrate by default on "PS" (he can have a poor ambience Between players)  but it is a good idea To wait to see the opinions of the players before adding maybe the "rank".
good week end  ;)

Gawain

Quote from: frvge on May 16, 2009, 01:32:58 AMbad sportmanship
=cheating?
if you can prevent cheating, the biggest remaining problems with rank are smurfing and the team thingy: joining as a team on rank servers can be hard, and playing as a team versus strangers is totally unfair.

frvge

I mean more:
saying "lag", "bullshit" etc when it's not really like that,
kicking people who you think are cheaters,
leaving because you are losing/because your teammate sucks
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gawain

Quote from: frvge on May 17, 2009, 04:23:57 PM
I mean more:
saying "lag", "bullshit" etc when it's not really like that,
kicking people who you think are cheaters,
leaving because you are losing/because your teammate sucks
flaming doesn't influence the score, so who cares.
kicking people shouldn't be possible in rank mode in the first place, just as playing against the same folks repeatedly.
to me the game is no fun with an idiotic teammate no matter if it's in rank or ffa, so i would leave anyways. this point brings me also back to the team thingy; it makes no sense to mix up teams and solo players in one ladder.

Tr1k

Hi  :), The best alternative maybe for the "rank", would be that a system can allow only the players of clan/team to meet for To avoid playing with a unknown/noob player.
If on "project stealth" We can create a clan / tag as on double agent ,we will be able to meet more easily between members of clans/teams mates.

frvge

If we implement it, we'll have a 'tag'-system. So one username can append/prepend different tags. But we're currently not planning it.

I <3 U

Quote from: Rambo on May 17, 2009, 05:13:05 PM
Quote from: frvge on May 17, 2009, 04:23:57 PM
this point brings me also back to the team thingy; it makes no sense to mix up teams and solo players in one ladder.

I have an idea...

Why don't you an option so that both players have to select their partner from their friends list. A request cud be sent to that player saying "freeman has sent you a partner request for rank"  "do u wish 2 accept". Once this is done the ranking could be based by each team, not individually.

Something like

Team xxx
>Rambo
>Freeman

Then statistics would appear on a team basis. For example:

Team xxx                                                                       Team yyy
  >Rambo                                         VS                          >Pooface
>Freeman                                                                   >Analmonkey

Wins: 4                                                                          Wins: 2
Losses:2                                                                       Losses: 4

You could select which team u wish to compare statistics with aswell.

Just an idea if you implement rank... :] It'd probably take way to much time an effort, a nice to have feature though not necessity.

Gawain

pooface  ;D
some team joining/matchmaking function could really be sweet.
but it would be better to have as few different game modes, ladders etc. as possible considering the small number of players.
this is probably too early to discuss stuff like this, i think lennard is clever enough to allow systems like this to be easily implemented later on.

AgentX_003

Excuse me for resurrecting an old thread but I just thought it was deemed appropriate , so my question would be  are you guys taking advantage of the March release of UDK allowing to utilize  DX 11 ?

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

I think this game needs to be a bit more friendly to the "Crappy PC/Laptops" community, but I would like to know as well.

P.S: Wouldn't that mean you have to change everything? Like the water effect?

Sunshine

I have a question:
How's everything going with PS? I don't see any updates since a very long time.

CurdyMilk

Quote from: Sunshine on March 17, 2011, 08:55:04 PM
I have a question:
How's everything going with PS? I don't see any updates since a very long time.
LOL.  Is <24 hours ago a long time?

knooger

This is not really a update :P One picture... ^^