Main Menu

Ask-the-Devs

Started by frvge, February 21, 2008, 09:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Quote from: AgentX_003 on March 17, 2011, 04:18:29 PM
Excuse me for resurrecting an old thread but I just thought it was deemed appropriate , so my question would be  are you guys taking advantage of the March release of UDK allowing to utilize  DX 11 ?
Not for Lakehouse, mostly because Zedblade's graphics card can't handle it. Maybe in some later levels. We'll see about Asylum.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

frvge

One picture is the start of... uh... we'll see ;)
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

knooger

Quote from: DreadStunLock on March 17, 2011, 04:20:25 PM
I think this game needs to be a bit more friendly to the "Crappy PC/Laptops" community, but I would like to know as well.

P.S: Wouldn't that mean you have to change everything? Like the water effect?

People need just a lot of graphic settings like in UT2k4.
You should be able to adjust everything from useless blurs to decals and textures quality.(Post processing always high? or it doesn't matter for visions quality anymore?)
Graphics fanatics should be happy then and people with low specs or minimalism graphics fanatics :D

I hope Devs will not make such a mistake like in CT versus two graphics settings +  resoultion.

There are games on UE3 which works good even with older PCs ;) Ofcourse we are not talking about people who have Celeron 1.7ghz S478 512mb ram and 5500fx :D

DreadStunLock

I'd go for WoW style, you can remove literally everything and even PCs from 2000 can run it and raid with 20 fps, which is more than enough to play. Same for Starcraft 2 and Diablo, fucking hell come to think of Blizzard makes such great games when it comes to options :/

MulleDK19

Quote from: DreadStunLock on March 18, 2011, 03:39:50 PM
I'd go for WoW style, you can remove literally everything and even PCs from 2000 can run it and raid with 20 fps, which is more than enough to play. Same for Starcraft 2 and Diablo, fucking hell come to think of Blizzard makes such great games when it comes to options :/

Project Stealth will never be able to run on anything less than XP.

Windows 2000 and below does not have DirectX 9+.

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

DreadStunLock

That's fine, just have something like.

Texture Quality

Projectiles

Effects

Resolution

Fog

The more the better, just have loads of options to choose, detail, pixels as many resolutions as possible, U

Something like Ultra-low spec selection or whatever.

+ I am sure that WoW has DX10/11.....Hmmm need to re-check.

knooger

No Fog because it will be unfair if on any map will be fog and u will just delete it or make long distance visibility.
PS maps will be not that huge so we dont need adjust fog.. if any will be on maps.

DreadStunLock

Yeah, I kind of gone too far on that one, but stuff like Texture quality, particles, special effects, view distance etc.

AgentX_003

Another question on my mind is  , when are we going to see the surfacing of the live broadcast recorded  video of lakehouse ?

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

frvge

I did not find time to re-record it. It's still on my HDD tho, totalling over 70GB of raw footage.

Farley4Fan

Just upload the 70 gigs then

totally serious

DreadStunLock

70GB on a website, I wonder how will it affect the speed of browsing it xD

zglina

upload video in parts

DreadStunLock

Now that will be just boring, same way it's boring to watch videos on YouTube in parts like real films.

knooger

No one of you guys heard about video compression?