Gadget Idea: SecuCam

Started by dYnAm1c, February 18, 2014, 08:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dYnAm1c

Hey,

Thought a bit about how mercs could have better overview over the map or places that are hard to always have an eye on.
How about a camera gadget for mercs so they can place a camera which they can look trough after it was placed?
It would be similar to the gadget that mercs could use in CT to check all the cameras on the map, but they can place 1 camera on their own (if they place a new one the previous disappears)
It could be placed at a wall by hand or with the gun (like spys that can shoot sticky cams) but it should also have a sound if the merc is watching and moving the camera.
It could also have a battery life or something so that you have to replace it when the battery dies to balance it a bit more.
Overall it would give mercs a bit more overview for hard places if the maps are quite big or have many sneak places for spys.

Another thing which im not sure of is that the camera could work on its own if the merc is not actively looking trough it, so it would work like normal cameras in CT which detected spys when they moved in its line of sight.

Roberto1223

They would need to be destroyable by the spies in my opinion. Or there must be a way for spies to bypass them.

Fixed camnet in SCCT was already powerful enough. Creating a camnet that can be placed anywhere will be too powerful.

NeoSuperior

It would not be a camnet but a single cam instead... I am not sure if this would work as a "single" Equipment, taking up a slot. You'd essentially lose 2 slots if you wanted to have usual camnet + this. I think it is too similar to the presence detector... compared to that it is a bit stronger and only 1 of it can be placed, which is still a bit too similar. Maybe it could be done by "merging" all of the starting amount of presence detectors/spy traps into a single camera with the condition that you have no other presence detectors or spy traps still placed somewhere, but even this is very complicated.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

dYnAm1c

Sry for double post, delete this one pls.

dYnAm1c

Quote from: Roberto1223 on February 18, 2014, 08:31:51 PM
They would need to be destroyable by the spies in my opinion. Or there must be a way for spies to bypass them.

Fixed camnet in SCCT was already powerful enough. Creating a camnet that can be placed anywhere will be too powerful.

Spys could disable them with their shockgun for a short time just like normal cameras.

Quote from: Meister_Neo on February 18, 2014, 08:37:56 PM
It would not be a camnet but a single cam instead... I am not sure if this would work as a "single" Equipment, taking up a slot. You'd essentially lose 2 slots if you wanted to have usual camnet + this. I think it is too similar to the presence detector... compared to that it is a bit stronger and only 1 of it can be placed, which is still a bit too similar. Maybe it could be done by "merging" all of the starting amount of presence detectors/spy traps into a single camera with the condition that you have no other presence detectors or spy traps still placed somewhere, but even this is very complicated.

It wouldn't need two slots, CamNet and this could be combined in one gadget so it would work like mines. A single right-click opens the CamNet and a longer lasting right click lets you chose to place a camera.

NeoSuperior

Quote from: dYnAm1c on February 18, 2014, 09:06:06 PMIt wouldn't need two slots, CamNet and this could be combined in one gadget so it would work like mines. A single right-click opens the CamNet and a longer lasting right click lets you chose to place a camera.

This could work if it's throwable by merc (e.g. to reach the ceiling), but also destroyable by spies.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

dYnAm1c

That's what I thought would be the best.
Could also be a few more limitations if it's too op and not balanced (actually would have to be tested in-game I guess) like only 3 cameras in inventory or something like that instead of 5 like nades do.