Dive and roll animation

Started by AgentX_003, June 14, 2009, 02:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the dive and roll animation is fine ?

Yes
11 (52.4%)
No
1 (4.8%)
Needs improvement
9 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

monterto

I changed my mind. This whole project sucks. You guys should start over.
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

LoChang

I can't say it looks realistic or human-like or however you phrase that, but I will add that it didn't turn me off that I wouldn't enjoy the game.  I know Spekkio's the same as me that gameplay > effects or graphics, but he's just trying to point out in his way what a few people are thinking.

Bottom line: while I agree that it  could be improved, it doesn't bother me enough for me to say it NEEDS to be changed.  I'd accept it as-is as long as the gameplay is what we all know and love.

MR.Mic

I think it looks pretty unrealistic, however I think it works for gameplay for these reasons:

• It's symmetrical
  • The spy lies flat in the air, so the collision is more predictable in laser dives since you can go off the actual collision geometry
  • The short recovery time allows the spy to maintain the flat position through almost the entire move before giving control back to the player.

Yeah, it can definitely be improved, but I think it works for now.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

goodkebab

There is no magic animation button....it takes a lot of talent to get it done right.  Not just anyone can animate something well,  and without the talent its impossible.

The bitch about the mod community is the lack of professional talent because the professionals already have a job.  That leaves a lot of motivated amateurs or the occasional skilled animator that has limited time.

If you want to be of any help,  then find some talented animators that want to spend hundreds of hours working for free.

frvge

We're going to change/tweak both animations based on your feedback.

Locked till it falls of the first page :p
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.