Objectives for mercs

Started by Roberto1223, June 27, 2009, 11:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto1223

what if there is a mission where bomb has to be planted by the mercs and defused by the spies, almost like a terrorist situation. and the defusal is fast and the time limit of the bomb is way longer, and if the merc gets the objective then it alters the map etc.

(i know you guys hate the idea)

;D

ShadowX

If you ask me, it sounds interesting. But balanceing it out could be quite hard. If someone actually comes up with a good map for this and setup (meaning what gadgets etc. are availible) it could be good.

frvge

Everything is possible. We don't have a story to comply with. Want to have a fantasy-world with pink clouds and unicorns? Go ahead and map it.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

VaNilla

I would say spies should plant the bomb and the mercs should defuse it, I think that would be far more interesting :P. But yeah I like it, it would be like the CSS Gameplay with a splinter cell twist.

Westfall

Maybe as a different game mode?

Roberto1223

maybe do like 2-part objectives.

Allow spies to do something else with stolen hard drives.

my ideas are the following, one could be selected by votes.
*Allow spies to combine the stolen hard drive with a terminal to allow them to hack it faster.
*Allow spies to combine the stolen hard drive with a terminal to allow them to open a special door or vent etc.
*Allow spies to combine the stolen hard drive with a terminal to allow them to advance to some kind of special bonus map sector.

These kind of 2 part objectives could replace the 5 second COOP-only objectives found in Factory.

I dont know but it seems as if dropping a disk in some radom ass briefcase is just not challenging enough and/or special-agenty enough.

Onlinedoucher

That's the basic idea in CT's Missile Strike map...