Co-creating a new theme, part 1

Started by frvge, June 13, 2011, 01:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cronky

Quote from: Farley4Fan on June 13, 2011, 06:26:12 PM
Quote from: LennardF1989 on June 13, 2011, 12:46:37 PM
http://projectstealth.lennardf1989.com/

Basically old style, only darkened, maybe colours close to Twilight/Zenburn (code-style)?

?

I like this, and we all know how important my opinion is soooo.....

make it happen.

Farley has cast his vote, which is worth 10,000 normal votes, so we might as well just end this thread now. :P
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

DreadStunLock

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Cronky on June 13, 2011, 06:31:04 PM
Quote from: Farley4Fan on June 13, 2011, 06:26:12 PM
Quote from: LennardF1989 on June 13, 2011, 12:46:37 PM
http://projectstealth.lennardf1989.com/

Basically old style, only darkened, maybe colours close to Twilight/Zenburn (code-style)?

?

I like this, and we all know how important my opinion is soooo.....

make it happen.

Farley has cast his vote, which is worth 10,000 normal votes, so we might as well just end this thread now. :P

That's correct.  I basically made you a mod with just my nomination.  They just did the "voting" thing as a formality.  On the inside, though, they knew that whatever I said was going to be the decision.  The rest of the "decision making process" was just a facade.  So everyone, go ahead and throw in your two-cents but realize they are only listening to you to make it seem like I'm not the one who is completely in charge of everything.

Love your motto btw cronk

DreadStunLock

As promised, second design will come in tommorow, got a bit of a cold, so I will give you all the time to bash me of how horrible this looks and yada yada drama.

The menu of 6 different categories of the forum should have a circular spin and the main selection should be on the middle and at the front.

New posts in a section would be highlighted by a much version of the spies goggles glowing.

The Home button is the way it would look when you mouse over.

Clicking on the selected button like the forum category or the options, would make the button flash for couple of seconds and then redirect you.

The connecting looking lines with a dot next to the categories would flash white when the category is moused over.

I always thought that the forum should have a return to the main Project Stealth website button.

New option buttons on the top seem fit somehow to me.

frvge

Uh, we're looking for a theme. Not a hard-to-click spinning thing.

Take the main page of the forum as an example: how are the threads lined out etc. Should be pretty straight forward.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: frvge on June 14, 2011, 12:30:30 AM

Take the main page of the forum as an example: how are the threads lined out etc. Should be pretty straight forward.

So what do you need Tigaer then for? That stuff even for a beginner should be doable :| You confused me :(

NeoSuperior

The old one was just "black&white" but it didn't feel like SvM at all. The one lennard showed was better because it was darker overall, however that design was too... monotonous
But the "standart theme" we got now is something we should get rid off as soon as possible.

as i said... something with black (or dark grey), orange and green

so we got
-black for "stealth gameplay"
-green for the spies
-orange for the mercs

so something like what zed posted (colorwise).

if the colors are somehow implemented, then it will probably look nice.

But to be honest... i think a design like it is on the mainpage would be nice too.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Zedblade

Quote from: DreadStunLock on June 14, 2011, 01:01:16 AM
Quote from: frvge on June 14, 2011, 12:30:30 AM

So what do you need Tigaer then for? That stuff even for a beginner should be doable :| You confused me :(

You are coming up with a theme (colors, background image, icon images etc), not redesigning the interface.

tigaer

I got a little something brewing. ;)

VenomousNinja

<-- Thought the old one was just fine.

LennardF1989

Quote from: VenomousNinja on June 14, 2011, 01:53:49 AM
Old one has to be upgraded in a similar way if we were to make a new one. I would await a few sketches, then host a poll off all designs including an option to "upgrade the old theme"

@Dread: I do like your Out-of-the-box forum interface, it is very PSish, although questionable if it's easy in use.

@frvge: Do you have a screenshot of the old forum, a full page with header and footer?

DreadStunLock

Lennard, if you thought it was PSish, then my job is done.

But seriously color theme? :( So restrictive :"(

LennardF1989

You are free to do what you want, but it HAS to remain a standard forum layout, just styled.

Zedblade

Quote from: VenomousNinja on June 14, 2011, 01:53:49 AM

You can still use the old theme, just change to the Musiconica theme (which is the old Theme) It isn't 100 percent compatible right now, but it is still 'usable.' I'm using it right now. Just a heads up, the only way to reply as far as I can see is to quote a post.

frvge

True. It misses some functionality because some core files changed (doh, it was a major upgrade :P)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.