Co-creating a new theme, part 1

Started by frvge, June 13, 2011, 01:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomousNinja

Ahh, using the old theme again is comforting.

:D

DreadStunLock

Project Stealth not out  :o

That makes me  :-[

But I am a very  ;D person.

Though I am usually  ;) than all of you.

Even though when I am lying  :)

Though some people really  >:( me.

But that's a life because I am  8) like that.

I shall say  :-X

For now  :-\

frvge

I've yet to see a good theme. Get to work :P
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Zedblade

frvge

Kinda. I have to say the devs have had a delay of 3 months, which sucks, but the whole community not being able to think up an agreed-upon color theme is sad.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

DreadStunLock

I think the community wants a better layout.

If it's just a theme you are looking for, go old school.

Cronky

Seems to me like most people don't have an easy way to make a theme. Like a test area. I could imagine up a theme like a BEAST, but I don't have a way to show it off.

http://www.jpr62.com/demos/ 
^^^^
Like that, but with the ability to create your own themes using your own colors/pictures.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

frvge

Just get a screenshot of the forum, then go all out with Photoshop.

puuusianka

Cronky

PSHHHH. You think I have Photoshop installed all willy nilly?? I do... but that's not the point! :P

What I mean is that there is no "Easy" way to make a pretend template. Sure, popping open photoshop isn't as tough as say... setting up your own private forum to test layout ideas, but it's still not as simple. I'm not saying that you NEED to go make something like that, but that's my reasoning as to why nobody has contributed.

Everyone already said they wanted also: (parenthesis are what I think they mean)

-A Spy Theme (Darker)
-A Merc Theme (Dirtier)
and
-The Old theme v2.0 (Optimized, with action missiles)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Tidenburg

Quote from: Cronky on June 30, 2011, 12:57:51 AM
PSHHHH. You think I have Photoshop installed all willy nilly?? I do... but that's not the point! :P

What I mean is that there is no "Easy" way to make a pretend template. Sure, popping open photoshop isn't as tough as say... setting up your own private forum to test layout ideas, but it's still not as simple. I'm not saying that you NEED to go make something like that, but that's my reasoning as to why nobody has contributed.

Everyone already said they wanted also: (parenthesis are what I think they mean)

-A Spy Theme (Darker)
-A Merc Theme (Dirtier)
and
-The Old theme v2.0 (Optimized, with action missiles)

Pretty much this.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: frvge on June 29, 2011, 11:05:52 PM
Kinda. I have to say the devs have had a delay of 3 months, which sucks, but the whole community not being able to think up an agreed-upon color theme is sad.

Fine, I will make a headstart, right after "You Don't Mess With Zohan" :)

Reaper: I'm going, I'm going!

Tidenburg

Quote from: DreadStunlock on June 30, 2011, 01:50:19 AM
Quote from: frvge on June 29, 2011, 11:05:52 PM

Fine, I will make a headstart, right after "You Don't Mess With Zohan" :)

Reaper: I'm going, I'm going!
Here comes the pain O _ O

also: Terran suck ass.

DreadStunLock

When I see Tidenburg untouched, Tidenburg filled with innocence...Tidenburg surrounded by lush forests and clear rivers...I just want to nuke the crap out of him.

Farley4Fan

Here's an idea:

We give you theme

You give us beta