Main Menu

Google Chrome

Started by MulleDK13, September 03, 2008, 05:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overstatement

I installed it at work. I spent most of the time looking for either my home button or how to get to bookmarks without selecting the "Always show bookmarks" option.

Also, does it suggest corrections for spellchecking? It didn't seem to when I right-clicked the underlined words.

Aj

I was going to say that I didn't see an option for fixing the misspelled word, but I just typed "jaggies" and it suggested at the top of the right click menu "baggies."

Must have a penchant for drugs. :/

Bionic-Blob

well, now that certain 'clause' is out of the picture, i'm downloading it now. :P

Bionic-Blob

okay...just tried it and i can't see any speed increase at all.

wtf?

MR.Mic

Quote from: Bionic-Blob on September 04, 2008, 12:08:12 PM
okay...just tried it and i can't see any speed increase at all.

wtf?

That's because you actually have a decent computer.
The only people that are really going to notice a difference are people with shitty computers.
If your computer is actually decent, then switching tabs should be perceptively instant.

When you see a page being drawn, it's usually because your browser is just drawing the information as soon as it comes through the line.
It usually isn't from your browser taxing the CPU to draw page elements (unless you have a shit computer).

Anyway, about the supposed stability of chrome...
Creating an a href linking to "evil:%" crashes chrome completely. The whole program. Not the tab-only crashes they're boasting.

Also, until chrome reaches the customizability of Firefox, you wont catch me using it.
The only real usability feature of chrome seems to be heavy Google search integration.

I am actually still using FF2, since FF3 doesn't have all the supported extensions I use.
Browser speed doesn't meant shit to productivity in comparison to features like modular UI, heavily customizable tab management, and extension support.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Bionic-Blob

* Bionic-Blob has a decent computer ^^

mic, what extensions of yours arn't supported by FF3?

i had the same problem with mine (mouse gestures redux) but managed to find a recode after a whole lot of internet digging :p

MR.Mic

Quote from: Bionic-Blob on September 04, 2008, 02:00:41 PM
* Bionic-Blob has a decent computer ^^
mic, what extensions of yours arn't supported by FF3?

TBH, I haven't checked recently and I cba to do it since I have no functional issues with FF2.

Here is a screenshot of my modified FF and a list of the extensions I have.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

I <3 U

I really need to go to firefox.

Bionic-Blob

yes you do.

@ mic, i just remembered, i thought you always used opera?

Zedblade

I'm using Google Chrome now, It seems pretty nifty and it is pretty fast. Using it means I have to go through and bookmark everything again since it won't import bookmarks from Opera, which is my preferred browser. Also, being a Google browser, you think it would incorporate Google (or any really) email like Opera does, but I've yet to see the option.

MulleDK19

Quote from: Zedblade on September 05, 2008, 11:09:22 AM
I'm using Google Chrome now, It seems pretty nifty and it is pretty fast. Using it means I have to go through and bookmark everything again since it won't import bookmarks from Opera, which is my preferred browser. Also, being a Google browser, you think it would incorporate Google (or any really) email like Opera does, but I've yet to see the option.

It's a beta.. I don't think it includes mail yet. But it does include google search :P
And I just found out... You can resize any multi-line textbox :D

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

neth

Does Google Chrome have script blocker ? I use firefox now with noscript and it would be pointless to leave it if this new browser differs only in minor things

SCDuRiN

Google Chrome is quite nice, I really like the task manager which shows you how much memory each site uses. But I still prefer Firefox 3 since it has really good add-ons. Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 is quite cool too tbh.