Chaos Theory on the 3DS?

Started by Cronky, July 17, 2010, 06:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cronky

Has anyone else noticed that the lineup of 3DS games that were announced includes Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory?

With Ocarina of Time also in the list I have to wonder if they are going to port the console version, or make an altered Handheld version. (Such as an extreme example of this being Mobile phone games vs Console games)

The images lead me to believe that it's a Console port, but maybe I'm wrong.

Plus the big question if it is a Port... Think SvM would be included?

If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

What location is the first screen from? I don't recall.

LoChang

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Perhaps, but I don't think it is.

Farley4Fan

Woa that looks awesome.  Unfortunately I don't have too much interest in playing the SP AGAIN.  I doubt there will be SvM and if there is, it will probably be only local games and no online.  I don't have friends that would buy a 3DS AND this game just to play an online mode they've never played.  If there is online SvM it will be an instant buy.  It's amazing what handhelds are doing these days. 

Recently I got into MGS Peace Walker.  I tried playing it while on a road trip but it didn't really work too well.  Big epic games don't really work while mobile, and I doubt Chaos 3D would either.  I think of the DS as a more mobile console.  You can play games while on the bus, on a plane, etc...  MGS PW and MGS PO I literally have to sit down and get into it.  Games like Mario, Zelda, Donkey kong etc I don't.

Really looking forward to the 3DS though.  I feel like I could play Ocarina of Time while mobile because I've already played through it about 5 times haha

I can't wait for MGS Snake Eater, Ocarina of Time, and MAYBE Chaos Theory.  The 3DS has an amazing launch lineup even if I'll have to sit down to play all the great games.  I wonder if Ocarina is being totally updated or just totally ported.  I saw it had a different visual style for Link but I don't know what would mean in the grand scheme of things.

monterto

FACT: The first DS version of SCCT has SvM. I never had the opportunity to play it but it IS there!

Edit:

http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

Farley4Fan

No way.

I wonder if it's online or local? 

monterto

Quote from: Farley4Fan on July 18, 2010, 04:34:29 AM
No way.

I wonder if it's online or local? 

It was local. I tried so hard to get enough copies for me and my buddies to try it out but it didn't take. I'm sure its better in my head anyway. The PC version of the game was poorly supported at best. I dont wanna think about the DS version.
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

Farley4Fan

That's too bad.  No one I know would buy a 3ds and chaos theory just to play this game with me especially when I'd just kill them every time.  Is there coop?  That would be fun actually.

tigaer

Quote from: monterto on July 18, 2010, 12:32:36 AM
FACT: The first DS version of SCCT has SvM. I never had the opportunity to play it but it IS there!

Edit:

do want o.o