Game Design - Art course or Game Design course, what do you think?

Started by DreadStunLock, January 12, 2011, 09:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

So today I came back from college and I am wondering, what would be the best for game designing?

Cause I am thinking of something a long the lines of being able to have a job as the guy who tells the other people "This is unbalanced, this is good, this is good, this is shit, this is shit, make it better, think of a better way" That type of game designing, now there are 2 courses, Art and Design which I am currently on, and Game Designing, now I spoke to my brother, and he says Art is better due to the fact of it gives you a lot more creativity, and game design courses are lazy, I mean by the way it's done.

Now mainly this targets developers of this Project because you guys probably all experienced that and one of you or most of you definitely have "THAT GUY" of which I am talking about right?

Of course community members can answer too I don't stop you :)

puuusianka

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 12, 2011, 09:36:47 PM
So today I came back from college and I am wondering, what would be the best for game designing?

Cause I am thinking of something a long the lines of being able to have a job as the guy who tells the other people "This is unbalanced, this is good, this is good, this is shit, this is shit, make it better, think of a better way" That type of game designing, now there are 2 courses, Art and Design which I am currently on, and Game Designing, now I spoke to my brother, and he says Art is better due to the fact of it gives you a lot more creativity, and game design courses are lazy, I mean by the way it's done.

Now mainly this targets developers of this Project because you guys probably all experienced that and one of you or most of you definitely have "THAT GUY" of which I am talking about right?

Of course community members can answer too I don't stop you :)

Well I can already imagine the fear of the emplyees xD...

Employee: Here he comes(silently to other employees)
Dread(coming to a random employee: ok show it to me... STOP STARRING you lazy fatasses. Get to work!!! Well let's see what you've got here.
Employee(eating his nails): hee..re boss...
Dread: yes, yes... Yhym... Aha... Well... Ok you're fired. You there(pointing at some random person) from now on you work in this box.
Employee2: And what about my last place?
Dread: A.. A.. A.. You listen! I talk. Don't forget that rule! I'm infallable can't you remember that?!
Employee: Sir...(Shaky voice) I've been working on this whole night pls don't fire me I have a...
Dread: Man! GET THE FUCK OUT!
Dread leaves the room a big smile on his face. He says to himself "Wow I am such a hard working person.

Another day passed...

But seriously I think you should take art and design. You might grow out of games. This course gives you wider knowledge probably.(and from my own experience... girls aren't very attracked to games and virtual art) you can develope your game design skills by yourself anyway

DreadStunLock

Yeah I had a very long chat with Goodkebab, so that kind of cleared my head by a lot, and Pusianka, that...thing that you so called Game Designer work in progress, was amazing.

puuusianka

It's bit rough but still sounds familiar when reading I guess xD. Maybe I'll make a thread for little stories... I can already see the titles of my next pieces "Detective X.."<<<< need I say more?xD

Farley4Fan

DreadStunLock

AgentX_003

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

DreadStunLock

Imba is used mostly in online games or games that have patches or different versions. Imba means that something is imbalanced and should be "nerfed" or made worse. When something is imba it means that is is too good and it makes the game unfair. Or in some other areas it can also mean awesome and amazing.

CurdyMilk

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 13, 2011, 02:43:08 PM
Imba is used mostly in online games or games that have patches or different versions. Imba means that something is imbalanced and should be "nerfed" or made worse. When something is imba it means that is is too good and it makes the game unfair. Or in some other areas it can also mean awesome and amazing.
LOL you sound so intelligent yet you just copied and pasted.  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=imba

DreadStunLock

I never intended to make myself intelligent looking from that, and yeah I did copy and paste it from that website, he is lucky I didn't just pasted him the link and left him to find out on his own.

Farley4Fan

At first I was like "dread, you sound different"

QuoteLOL you sound so intelligent yet you just copied and pasted.  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=imba

Then I was like "lol"

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Farley4Fan on January 13, 2011, 09:21:40 PM
At first I was like "dread, you sound different"

QuoteLOL you sound so intelligent yet you just copied and pasted.  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=imba

Then I was like "lol"

Trolololololol loloolool lololoooool trolololooooooool xD