Ol' times Pandora Tomorrow

Started by Rysiu-., January 19, 2011, 01:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rysiu-.

Whats crackin' PS community?

I've got an offer for you guys:
How about going back to the old times and play some Pandora Tomorrow on multiplayer huh?
I know, i know, most of you will say "No way, the servers are closed man"

But! There is another way to play on MP (for those who don't know) and its called VLan - Virtual LAN
As most of you can conclude from the name, its a way to set up a Virtual LAN network and play the game via LAN.

So If there are any Volunteers who would like to get back to PT times / Ones who would like to try it out and see the difference between CT and PT ,

Here is a quick guide how to play it:

1. Get a copy of Pandora Tomorrow (for those who don't have the original game, message me, i ll give u link for a good torrent. cant post it here because of copyrights and stuff. xfire: rysiu13)

2. Visit http://www.tunngle.net/ . Register an account (its free, there is no spam) and download latest Tunngle.

3. While doing it, download latest patch for Pandora Tomorrow =>here<= There are patches for all versions, European, US etc.

4. After downloading, installing, patching and all the stuff, just write someone a msg u want to play and join Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow channel on Tunngle.

Thats all folks!

Post Scriptum

If you would like to do so, I would recommend leaving a reply in this topic with ur xfire nick or any other communicator, so we can set up for a game or help with tunngle/torrents and stuff
I know more CT bugs than you could ever imagine. I just had forgot about half of them.

puuusianka

Tunngle is widely known Rysiu :D and I think there were already threads about playing SCPT thru it. Tho I'm not sure if it worked out.

Spark Mandriller

why would anyone ever want to play pt instead of ct

why

Rysiu-.

@pusianka

Well, i've already searched for other topics on Off-topic and no, i didn't find anything. And i hope it will work. I gave u guys everything u need, all u need to do now is Download and play :)

@Misty Lady

To see the difference in gameplay :) PT is quite different than CT, gadgets, movement, game modes, graphics, maps, controls, hud, behaviour of merc and spy, some animations. And for those who never played PT its a chance to try it out on MP :) like me for example :)
I know more CT bugs than you could ever imagine. I just had forgot about half of them.

Spark Mandriller

Haha, oh man, you're gonna rage so fucking hard. Shock/double jump eeeeverywhere.

Rysiu-.

i know teh bugz but anyways its fun for meh to play with friends. and i did already and it was fun. Dont wanna play? noone is pushing you to do so.

tigaer

Quote from: B-3A Misty Lady on January 19, 2011, 02:06:46 PM
why would anyone ever want to play pt instead of ct

why

PT, aside from a few glitches is by far better than CT, in my opinion. I'd play it any day over CT.

DreadStunLock

Really? Seems a bit unfair to Mercenaries by the way I heard of PT.

tigaer

Has nobody seriously played PT? I thought everybody here had atleast played it once.

You call yourself fans... ::)

DreadStunLock

Naaah, after hearing that you can do bad crap to a mercenary once he is tazed, that's just demotivating...

Spark Mandriller

Quote from: tigaer on January 19, 2011, 09:41:21 PM
Has nobody seriously played PT? I thought everybody here had atleast played it once.

Yeah. I just like being able to be tazed near crates without automatically dying, is all.

DreadStunLock

Haha, I actually read about that bug, never thought it was that serious xD

puuusianka

How does this bug works. I've never played PT versus. Someone told me it was more tactical but what did he mean? I don't know...

I <3 U

Quote from: puuusianka on January 20, 2011, 02:24:34 PM
How does this bug works. I've never played PT versus. Someone told me it was more tactical but what did he mean? I don't know...

you can taze and then lethal-drop tech a merc AFAIK

DreadStunLock

That exactly why I am thinking off, why the hell Spies can even lose to a mercenary with such actions being possible?