The diversion camera

Started by Ion.67, March 13, 2008, 12:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ion.67

Since you can only have one "epoxy cam" shot at a time, what if there was a new gadget?

The diversion camera would not have gas, but would have other special features. It would have a sound option, which pings the reticle, and possibly makes some noise. It also can be used as a security system. What I mean, is that there could be multiple cams fired, and you can cycle through them.

I also suggest that you hear all of the audio around this camera. I am not sure how the epoxy cam would work, but I don't think it should transmit sound.

Thoughts?

Kubanator

Interesting. Maybe it could project sound so that the reticule pings where it was aiming.

Spekkio

What does this bring to the table that cannot already be done through other equipment?

Sound disturbances/pinging reticle: snares, current cams, drawing your gun or running around for the hell of it
Looking through the camera: current sticky cams
Multiple cams being fired: I don't know how useful this would be considering that most mercs are quite good at finding and shooting out cams already

Ion.67

Quote from: Spekkio on March 13, 2008, 02:03:37 AM
What does this bring to the table that cannot already be done through other equipment?

Sound disturbances/pinging reticle: snares, current cams, drawing your gun or running around for the hell of it
Looking through the camera: current sticky cams
Multiple cams being fired: I don't know how useful this would be considering that most mercs are quite good at finding and shooting out cams already

I don't think you can consider running around a disturbance, since it would be helpful for the merc, not disturbing.

Whether this is a good gadget or not, it makes more sense than a holopod.

InvisibleMan999

Sound pings on command. Snares provide sound that acts as interference, but they arne't truly a diversion. This thing would actually produce sound that the mercs may mistake for a real spy because you can have it produce the sound in a more realistic way, instead of just spamming reticule pings.

Vega

Actually, snares erratically give off ambient noises such as a spy running/walking and a spy pulling out his gun. 

AgentX_003

Quote from: Vega on March 13, 2008, 03:35:50 AM
Actually, snares erratically give off ambient noises such as a spy running/walking and a spy pulling out his gun. 

wow wisdom really does come with age , but I believe around the time cams and such were being made this was already discussed =/ as far as to my knowledge anyway 

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Westfall

Quote from: InvisibleMan999 on March 13, 2008, 02:28:01 AM

Sound pings on command. Snares provide sound that acts as interference, but they arne't truly a diversion. This thing would actually produce sound that the mercs may mistake for a real spy because you can have it produce the sound in a more realistic way, instead of just spamming reticule pings.

What Vega said.

Maybe you should be able to control your alarm snares rather than cams. Kind of like a remote controlled alarm snare. If not, then there shouldn't really be anything else.

Xris

Quote from: Westfall-US on March 13, 2008, 07:14:46 AM

What Vega said.

Maybe you should be able to control your alarm snares rather than cams. Kind of like a remote controlled alarm snare. If not, then there shouldn't really be anything else.

Agree, with vega and west

0ctin

Quote from: FusionSlayer on March 13, 2008, 12:13:02 PM
Quote from: Westfall-US on March 13, 2008, 07:14:46 AM

What Vega said.

Agree, with vega and west

Me too

Farley4Fan

Diversion cams have been discussed before, I believe.  I think what would be more interesting to add to the game would be an alternative to sticky cams called network cams.  You could set up 5 cams at a time and switch between them but they wouldn't have gas.  But that's been discussed also.

Gawain

we already had this discussion.
there's too much gadget overlapping like spekkio said.
besides, how many times do you actually use stickies for recon in ct? (the only maps i make use of this is factory and river mall but one cam is sufficient)

Westfall

Quote from: Gawain on March 13, 2008, 03:06:00 PM
we already had this discussion.
there's too much gadget overlapping like spekkio said.
besides, how many times do you actually use stickies for recon in ct? (the only maps i make use of this is factory and river mall but one cam is sufficient)

It would always be nice to have a second cam down, but one does the job just fine. Since cams are overpowered already, I don't think it should be upped at all.

Vega

Quote from: AgentX_003 on March 13, 2008, 05:18:17 AM
wow wisdom really does come with age

Martin, I knew about this long ago.  Just because I don't talk/play CT non-stop does not mean I'm clueless about the game.  I stopped playing CT with you years ago.  I know you mean no harm, but the above quote coming from you of all people is particularly ironic and generally misplaced. 

AgentX_003

Quote from: Vega on March 13, 2008, 05:51:10 PM
Quote from: AgentX_003 on March 13, 2008, 05:18:17 AM
wow wisdom really does come with age

Martin, I knew about this long ago.  Just because I don't talk/play CT non-stop does not mean I'm clueless about the game.  I stopped playing CT with you years ago.  I know you mean no harm, but the above quote coming from you of all people is particularly ironic and generally misplaced. 

:-[ :-\ sorry vegetable   / what i mean't by that really is , your actually putting logic into your ideas rather then say 2 years ago of nothing but spam / nonsense.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD