Conviction Delay, what it means for PS?

Started by T2C LeBron, July 25, 2008, 08:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westfall

LennardF1989

Thats not a very good reason, since Montreal is French aswell? They could also made it say that and forgot to translate, heck, PT source code is full of french comments... very funny ones aswell :P

function TopSynchronize();

Then a guy commented out all the code an said in French: "Top Synchronisation my ass..." xD

SCDuRiN

Yeah I also heard that a French studio developed the Versus mode and I think it's true. It seems UBI Annecy was in charge of the Versus mode. Click here.

QuoteThe following documents will help you create your own maps for Splinter Cell. You'll find tips, useful information and advice from Ubisoft Annecy, the development team behind the Versus Mode of Splinter Cell.

Edit: Lennard I don't think you are right that Montreal developed PT/CT/DA. The current-gen version of DA was developed by UBI Montreal though, the next-gen by Shanghai. PT was also developed by UBI Shanghai as far as I know. I checked it up on Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splinter_Cell. But then again the source might be wrong.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (2002) Ubisoft Montreal
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (2004) Ubisoft Shanghai
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (2005) Ubisoft Montreal
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Essentials (2006) Ubisoft Montreal
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (2006) Ubisoft Shanghai (Xbox 360/PS3)/Ubisoft Montreal (Wii/Xbox/PS2) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (TBA) Ubisoft Montreal

LennardF1989

Quote from: SCDuRiN on July 30, 2008, 07:24:02 PM
Yeah I also heard that a French studio developed the Versus mode and I think it's true. It seems UBI Annecy was in charge of the Versus mode. Click here.

QuoteThe following documents will help you create your own maps for Splinter Cell. You'll find tips, useful information and advice from Ubisoft Annecy, the development team behind the Versus Mode of Splinter Cell.

Edit: Lennard I don't think you are right that Montreal developed PT/CT/DA. The current-gen version of DA was developed by UBI Montreal though, the next-gen by Shanghai. PT was also developed by UBI Shanghai as far as I know. I checked it up on Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splinter_Cell. But then again the source might be wrong.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (2002) Ubisoft Montreal
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (2004) Ubisoft Shanghai
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (2005) Ubisoft Montreal
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Essentials (2006) Ubisoft Montreal
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (2006) Ubisoft Shanghai (Xbox 360/PS3)/Ubisoft Montreal (Wii/Xbox/PS2) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (TBA) Ubisoft Montreal

Nah, It's true that the singleplayer games are made by those on Wikipedia, but someone else made Versus (according to your link, Wolfpack Studios).

http://www.playfuls.com/company_312_Wolfpack_Studios_Ubisoft_Annecy.html > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfpack_Studios

I guess Conviction Versus is the first Versus game made by Ubisoft themselves, that can't be good....

Aj

Ubi Annecy made the SvM for PT and CT.  I dunno about DA.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Aj on July 31, 2008, 02:53:50 AM

sorry i hate to break it , but i believe to my knowledge that it was both shanghai and montreal

that worked on pandora tomorrow  along side with epic games. 

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

SCDuRiN

Quote from: LennardF1989 on July 30, 2008, 09:32:39 PM
I guess Conviction Versus is the first Versus game made by Ubisoft themselves, that can't be good....

Indeed. Didn't they want to make multiplayer tag 1on1 in Conviction? 

I <3 U

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 31, 2008, 05:46:51 AM

sorry i hate to break it , but i believe to my knowledge that it was both shanghai and montreal

epic games? you sure? I thought that stuff like that wasn't allowed. There are no epic games things at the start either o0.

Cyntrox

Quote from: FR33M4N on July 31, 2008, 09:34:48 PM

epic games? you sure? I thought that stuff like that wasn't allowed. There are no epic games things at the start either o0.
It's based on the Unreal engine, right? Made by Epic.

Tidenburg

That doesn't mean they were part of the development process.

Aj

I hate to break it, but my knowledge is right...

http://splintercell.uk.ubi.com/versus_mode.php

scope2005

Versus mode was Ubi Annecy in France.

Montreal was responsible for SC1, and the single player portion of SCCT.

Whereas Shanghai was responsible for the single player portions of SCPT.

Single player Double Agent on the PC and 360 was Shaghai's work, whearas the standard Xbox single player Double Agent was Montreal (and it was supposedly much better!).

LennardF1989

Quote from: scope2005 on August 01, 2008, 12:04:11 AM
Versus mode was Ubi Annecy in France.

Montreal was responsible for SC1, and the single player portion of SCCT.

Whereas Shanghai was responsible for the single player portions of SCPT.

Single player Double Agent on the PC and 360 was Shaghai's work, whearas the standard Xbox single player Double Agent was Montreal (and it was supposedly much better!).
We know that, it was about the Versus games.