All who want to greatly enjoy good old ct post here.

Started by Snakebit., October 08, 2008, 12:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snakebit.

Greetings everyone . A lot of people know me and a lot of new people probably don't , so i will explain what is this post for .

( If you don't want to read the long useless info in this post than read only the highlighted areas )

What do i want to do ?

Lately i have been playing a bit and it was always hard to find a good team to play against if i am with someone other than my mate and almost impossible if i was with my mate Solidus  , but last night i had some good games with some team which was using fakes  and those were very good games .

So i thought about something very interesting . It would be very nice to know when teams play and where are they from to minimize the lag . PLEASE POST THE TIME DURING WHICH YOU USUALLY PLAY WITH GMT ZONE !!! ALSO POST WHERE ARE YOU FROM !!! YOUR CONTACT DATA (XFIRE , MSN ETC ) !!! YOUR TEAM NAME + PLAYERS IN IT !!!

It is very annoying when i waste a lot of time searching someone to play against but don't find anyone and waste my limited time ( Well i don't play a lot anymore as a lot of you know and same goes for my teammate solidus ) and i think i am not the only person with these problem .

So please post the info that i mentioned + WHEN YOU HAVE NO ONE TO PLAY AGAINST AND YOU ARE WITH SOMEONE PLAYING PLEASE SAY THAT IN YOUR XFIRE STATUS

Also this thread could be used to search for teams to play against . For Example : Post time ( WITH GMT ) + Team name when you are going to play tomorrow and today and people if they check this forum or thread might answer ! If you want to use this thread to search for a team to play against please post the search post in BLUE COLOR

Well if people post their info here it would be nice and i will edit 1st post and will make a big list of teams when they play + their region , etc .

I would like some old teams to return and i hope that would happen . Teams like Ck , Us , Dfa , Sw etc.. Well old players , since a lot of you still play from time to time like us but i think don't have anyone to play against . For example : I have seen SITHDUKE playing like 3 days ago :-) . It would be nice to play against him and his teammate if he has one .

I AM HOPING THAT THIS WILL MAKE THIS GAME A BIT MORE FUN FOR THE OLD AND NEW TEAMS ALIKE

There are usually a some problems during matches vs teams . There are a lot of small one but the biggest one is probably LAG . SO here is a suggestion how you can cope with this problem so that people won't whine about it during matches . PLAY 3 MAPS ON ONE HOST THAN 3 MAPS ON ANOTHER HOST !!! OR PLAY BEST OF 5 ON ONE HOST THAN SWITCH THE HOST . ( IF its 4-5 you need 2 point advantage to win 4-6 or 5-7 , well you got the point . NOTE THIS IS ALL A SUGGESTION TO HELP A BIT SO PLEASE DON'T flame those suggestions.

P.S. KEEP THIS THREAD CIVIL . Take all your hatred to Pm and not this topic , I hope that people will eagerly post and will be active here . On The side note : Sc community is kind of split between different forums so please spread the word about this topic on them if you have the means to do so!!! ( Small note : Don't post a link to this on ubi forums because it is illegal there i think )

Snakebit.

Didn't want this in the 1st post .

Team : Team S&W (SmurfieWurfie and Whooza )

Players : Snakebit and Solidus

Region : Snakebit ( Estonia ) Solidus ( Finland )

Time : We both live in GMT + 2 and usually play ( If we play ) At weekends in between 6pm - 12 pm .

During Work days we usually don't play but sometimes it might happen between 6pm and 12pm also.

Snakebit.

Come on Kronf ..... Some people still play it from time to time thats the whole points of this topic...... To let the ones who still play sometimes play vs good opponents.

Gawain

nice topic. the vets still playing this game should minimize wasting time with random fools on overplayed maps and rather have ggs with other teams as this game is all about teamplay...

Quote from: kronf on October 08, 2008, 04:25:55 PM
game is dead
true, but there aren't that many games with interesting gameplay on the market, and i'm that used to svm that i sometimes feel the urge for some nostalgia.

regarding the lag: best solution is to play with teams from your continent and to always let the merc side host.

i play quite regularily with nox-warrior, but we're no real team. i don't have that much time to play anymore, but writing "ct?" and "yes"/"no" doesn't take that much time, so just xfire one of us whenever you're looking for opponents.

kronf

regarding the lag: best solution is to play with teams from your continent and to always let the merc side host.

nice idea

oh wait

no one plays it on my continent nevermind

Spekkio

I stopped playing once I went to OCS. Upon returning, I found out that apparently everyone else on this side of the globe stopped playing, too. Not that I have the time to be any good anymore.

Like most games, CT has unfortunately run its course.

Westfall

I still play from time to time, but Noisewater isn't really around and when he is I'm not.

Farley4Fan

All this talk about the game being dead makes me want to play it more.  Talk about death, this forum feels so dead to me now.  Where is everybody?  I know some producers dropped out, like all of em, but did we run out of things to talk about? Sheesh.