Tick...Tock (Neut Obj, Music/Animator text, UT3 Spy, MT, Lakehouse Dev Comment)

Started by frvge, October 08, 2008, 08:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurgaue

bloody Guizil made me wait 13 extra minutes for this by not telling about it.

Kurbutti

frvge

I just clarified: it's the updated motion tracking vision in its various stages.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

ShadowX

Excellent, still downloading the walkthrough, taking a bit longer thanks to the high quality - who even dares to click the low quality >:| - but i bet it's going to be worth it.

I have a question on the stages of movement, how many will there be? From the picture i would say: Standing Still -> Slowly crouching -> Walk -> Running Crouched and then Running which would be lit up in MT. Looking good so far.

Kurbutti

Quote from: frvge on October 19, 2008, 12:26:27 AM
I just clarified: it's the updated motion tracking vision in its various stages.

What stages? What have I missed this time?

frvge

It's continuous. The system behind is actually pretty clever. It involves your speed and your distance to the Merc. However, if you run, you will always light up, even if you're at the far end of the map (but visible to the Merc).
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

ShadowX

I'll just add this up to get the idea clear to people after chatting a little with Fridge.

You can slow-crouch up to a merc, but as you get closer to him the more visible you will become. And if you were walking let's say 5 meters away from him constantly phasing up your speed you will also become more and more visible until you go over the limit and MT picks you up. And if your not moving you'll be completely invisible.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

MT only works in the fov iirc, so getting grabbed in MT is something MT whores will have to get used to :D

frvge

A little sidenote to that, which just popped up: the distance factor only applies after a certain distance, which is from that point linear AFAIK.

For the more technical parts, ask MR.Mic, Lead Visual Effects Artist ;) He made it.

AgentX_003

:o  OH OH OH  fapping to  this amazing new video

as we speak, that's the the shit see motherfuckers , stuff is being produced ! Don't Fret !

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Gawain

map looks great, especially the lightning creates a very unique athmosphere. the layout adds new aspects and fixes balance issues while conserving the general objective placement of club house. besides, unlike club, everything makes sense in it (no blind ends without a door, suitable assets in every room etc.) :D

mt looks quite nice except the grey "cloud" around the picked up spy (it makes no sense to make it look bad compared to the other stuff just for the sake of not copying the box style from pt/ct). ;)

you guys are doing a f***ing great job, thumbs up! :o

on a sidenote: zed, do you wear braces? :P

Spekkio

Zed, were you trying to sound especially gay when doing that commentary?

:P

Map looks good, but I worry about the fact that the objective rooms are so open and offering very little cover to spies with balconies from which mercs can snipe. We'll see though.

Farley4Fan

Wooooooooooaaaaahhhhhh.....  AWESOME JOB.  At first, I didn't even think about it being Club House like.  Then I saw the 1st floor hallway and wow, way better than Club House 1.0!  LOL!  Who else would play it with just this one map? 

Quick question, are any other maps being designed/ported/created right now?  Or are you all focusing on 1 map to make it great?  I don't mind quality at all but to have 5, 6, 7 maps looking this good might take a long time at this rate.  I realize you've lost devs but I'd be happy with 3-4 maps to be quite honest.  Looks great.

ShadowX

It'd be good to have pretty much every aspect of gameplay in this map, so that we can test them and see what needs fixing, so that another map could be made and not having to rush it before the glitches and bugs in the coding/animation etc. are fixed and tweaked, if there even is any.

Xan

Just doing my bi-annual check in to say you guys are doing a good job and that lakehouse looks really pretty.

Animations still your main slowing point?