A new Merc Vision... A new spy weapon?

Started by Digital-Maniac, October 19, 2008, 08:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital-Maniac

It's probably too late to add this, but probably not too late for some variation if this...

A new Merc Vision... its goes Black and white... but what's white is very hard to see... in black... the blood of a spy who you shot and his blood began to drip...

Or wouldnt it be cool if a spy got shot and he left a trail of blood as he ran away, giving you an idea of his possible location. 

Or maybe the spies could have a new weapon/gadget...
A vial of blood, it lets them splatter it across the room so a merc is fooled into thinking the spy went that way...

frvge

That's basically the alarm snare of CT.

Trails of blood are possible, but IMO not worth implementing. Gameplay is fine as it was in CT.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gui Brazil

I wouldn't like getting rid of a merc and managing to hide in a corner just to find out he followed the blood I left in the floor to my exact location.

Gawain

phosphorous nades + emf vision would work kinda like this. i'm still hoping they make it into ps...

Tidenburg

Maybe a weapon where the spies can throw angry cats behind them. They cling onto the mercs face blinding them during a chase. Then we can add cat vision aswell?

Blank Man

Sure... "Splinter Cell The Attempt at a Sherlock Merc".

LennardF1989

I would like a new vision for both teams though, so, how about you guys throw in some ideas?

Plan
Step 1: Think differently and drop the SCCT idea!
Step 2: Check if you really forgotten about SCCT
Step 3: Brainstorm
Step 4: Give us your idea.

This is a serious post.

No, it really is...

Westfall

I would like a black light vision. The same kind of light they use for forensics.

monterto

Quote from: Westfall on October 21, 2008, 02:09:26 AM
I would like a black light vision. The same kind of light they use for forensics.

Use it to track the spies' semen and located them using the international semen database
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

Vega

Quote from: monterto on October 21, 2008, 02:29:41 AM

Use it to track the spies' semen and located them using the international semen database

lol

Westfall

Quote from: monterto on October 21, 2008, 02:29:41 AM

f yes....or your dry ass scalp leavin all that dandruff.

...considering you can see blood with it too....

Spekkio

Quote from: LennardF1989 on October 20, 2008, 10:05:15 PM
I would like a new vision for both teams though, so, how about you guys throw in some ideas?

Plan
Step 1: Think differently and drop the SCCT idea!
Step 2: Check if you really forgotten about SCCT
Step 3: Brainstorm
Step 4: Give us your idea.
Honestly, most new ideas suck because people go about it the wrong way. They come up with some outlandish gadget/idea, think it's cool because hey, they thought of it, then they try to make it fit into SvM.

Instead, people should be thinking about what problems/situations often come up in the game and then work through a solution that can help solve that problem more easily. Yes, it's a bit tough to do this without a working beta, but it can still be done if the game is to be based off of PT/CT.

This blood idea is a classic example of the former line of thinking. "Oh, it'd be cool if the spies dripped blood all over!" Yes, it'd look cool, but the spies rely on being able to run away and hide somewhere. If they leave a blood trail everywhere, it'd be extremely difficult for them to escape a merc once spotted, which means that the spies can never make a mistake. This makes playing them even more difficult than it already is, and is probably overall bad for the game.

In other words, there is no need to give the mercs an automatic way of tracking spies from the first time they land a shot. They have a lot of tools to help them pursue a fleeing spy as it is.

So instead of saying "I want to add more visions," you (or anyone else) should be thinking about what the sight limitations of each side is, and if any of them ought to be fixed. If the answer is yes, then the vision comes up with itself.

frvge

For clarification: wallhackvision will NOT be implemented. That's a dev-only hack bound to certain IPs.  :D
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

@Spekkio

Ofcourse there are good and bad ideas.

I've been talking with someone (please excuse my lack of remembering names) on XFire, and he had a great idea for a vision which would extend the sound detecting for mercs, completely with counters and downsides (and thats exactly what I meant with the 4 steps above). This vision also came with a counter gadget for the spies by the way, which on it's turn had a downside as well.

I won't be going into detail as it's probably best to let him describe the idea himself.

ChickenSkin

Quote from: LennardF1989 on October 23, 2008, 12:14:12 PM
Ive been talking with someone (please excuse my lack of remembering names) on XFire, and he had a great idea for a vision which would extend the sound detecting for mercs, completely with counters and downsides (and thats exactly what I meant with the 4 steps above). This vision also came with a counter gadget for the spies by the way, which on it\'s turn had a downside as well.

Sounds interesting, any chance you/he could expand on the idea?