m92fs model ... WIP thread (BIG FAN!!)

Started by ray mysertio, February 21, 2009, 02:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ray mysertio

well i got a KJW airsoft m9 tac-master as a training weapon ...

and decided to start modeling it - no front image yet this is before tweaks at replicating. :

gonna keep going , lots of details go a long way ...
Tell ppl to fuck off over the net, just expect them to want to fight you until they can.

ray mysertio

day 2 , nother 2 hours or so totaling 6-8 hours ... refined inner slide and upper reciever prepared ...

more to come , thanks.

[EDT]

Tell ppl to fuck off over the net, just expect them to want to fight you until they can.

Farley4Fan

Looks pretty good.  But my opinion on modeling is basically zilch because I have no experience in that area. 

Kiory

Well the good thing is that you have the basic shape right, the problem is that you have a few unnecessary polygons flying about.

Good work though, looking forward to the finished result!

Gui Brazil

You have quite a few shapes that aren't even near being quads/tris (i.e. the trigger).

The handle shape is totally wrong (the front of it is completely different) From your image, it appears to be round on the sides and make a smooth move to the front and back, while yours makes pretty sharp moves.

Way too much details for a lowpoly gun. The shitload of edges you have in the trigger area and on that top cilinder is insanely high. Same goes for that part in the front, at the bottom.

Way too few details for a highpoly gun. You'd probably want to smooth it out in the end, so you'd have to chamfer a shitload of those edges to maintain the structure. And STILL some of those polys you have there still remain useless, even if, if it'll be highpoly, it wouldn't matter. If you're not gonna smooth it in the end, then you'll need even more chamfers and details there.

Oh and guns are fucking overrated and overdone.

Move on and do something else like Notre Dame or whatever.

Spekkio

If you're going to model a handgun, at least model a good one.

ray mysertio

yeah this aint 1337 to your fantasy is it . nahmean i guess im poor.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=43&t=736356

guys its not done , long story short .... the wireframe is just to accent the clay renderwhich does nothing unless you have sharp angles , otherwise (im stoned btw) its the lighting that im not doing makes all theslow curves look like the same shade ...

true tests of any work is milestones ... so the skin in that CGCociety link is the first step into making it real... its basically an art piece , what i would want this weapon to be if i had the dough to get it painted like this (expect camo paint when details are sorted). (Gold bars would be a nice addition if the airsoft guys see this...)

as a reminder beauty is in the eye of teh beholder , and if i think my shit be fly , then thats what i be thinkin'

its rough and unfinished so i can see what pissed you off lol , its making me angry too ... but the end result i see in my head is what counts for me, not proof that i can see it... i know i can.

Zedblade

the geometry is messy and all of it should be quads.

ray mysertio

hey zedd . ty , i know its stress management/re-activation of 3d skills ...

in retrospect the wireframe gives it the bad impression but i imagine the work like mudbox ... where your polys only matter due to the space they use

i have a more complete image and personally once i tweak the barrel (Kr0n 'Torn n' Tattered threaded barrel (C) Reason3d 2009) i think it will handle the bond kit i got planned... its something like *barely audible at 2M* "peeeoo-HEADSHOT!"

Update:

Westfall

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: FR33M4N on March 03, 2009, 06:29:37 PM
Quote from: Westfall on March 03, 2009, 03:10:04 AM
Is this from Goldeneye on N64?
wasn't that the P99?
I'm pretty sure it was called PP7. I'll check that later, when I find my N64 again :P

Spekkio

The PP7 in Goldeneye is modelled after a Walther PPK, which looks nothing like a Baretta 92FS.

Westfall

just sayin...looks like the gun from goldeneye.