Conviction Delayed...Again...For those of you who still care...

Started by Farley4Fan, July 27, 2009, 07:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

Well here we are again.  For those of us who still care wtf Conviction is doing right now then it's going to be a long end of the year.  Conviction has been delayed until Q1 of 2010, which we all know will set up the inevitable Q3 or Q4 delay.  The game already has been in development for 4 years, longer than ANY splinter cell game before it, and it looks to be the most hastily developed splinter cell ever.  Ironic eh?

I'm still on the fence on this one.  The single player looks decent despite its departure from traditional splinter cell fashion.  Still looks fun, perhaps a bit more than the old conviction build.  The multiplayer likely only started development a month or two ago, if that.  They promise multiplayer to be revealed in the coming weeks, but that was weeks ago.  If it's not revealed at comic con then when will it be?  The multiplayer will probably only be a slap-on and nothing revolutionary or evolutionary like PT/CT.  Probably will be something similar to that BS spy vs. spy, something in that range of quality.

This delay better be used to squash bugs, polish the crap out of it, make a GOOD multiplayer, RE-ADDING dragging bodies in single player (seriously, wtf is that about? I've heard that douchey guy max beland say that it's all about giving the player "choices" and they TAKE AWAY your choice to play slowly and hide bodies >:(), and most of all they better use it to make the stealth side of the experience at least as enjoyable as the action side of the game. 

Well, who knows for sure?  Could turn out pretty good.  Probably not great, but good. 

frvge

Sounds nice :) More people might come to Project Stealth then.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Oatbunches

Quote from: frvge on July 27, 2009, 08:08:49 PM
Sounds nice :) More people might come to Project Stealth then.

That's exactly what I hope would happen when it comes out  ;D

Farley4Fan

QuoteThe release date isn't the only thing to change about the game; Conviction was also expected to arrive on the PC, as well as the 360, but has since become a console-exclusive title.

Hmmm....  Not only has it been delayed but it seems it's been cancelled for PC.  I don't know how official this is, it's a quote from a gamespot article, but it wouldn't surprise me.  I don't know if this will excite you or not frvge.  :)  More PS players, but no chance to try out the next splinter cell, maybe.

Thoughts?

Oh, and 3000th post.   :P

frvge

Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

Quote from: frvge on July 27, 2009, 09:48:01 PM
Canceled for PC? I really really doubt that.
Me too, I would sincerely hate Ubisoft for it as well, especially since the franchise started as a PC game.

Give me my damn answer to "TO BE CONTINUED" in Double Agent >:(

frvge

Roberto1223

Quote from: LennardF1989 on July 27, 2009, 10:09:08 PM
Quote from: frvge on July 27, 2009, 09:48:01 PM
Canceled for PC? I really really doubt that.
Me too, I would sincerely hate Ubisoft for it as well, especially since the franchise started as a PC game.

Give me my damn answer to "TO BE CONTINUED" in Double Agent >:(

the freaken story isnt even going to continue exactly were the other one ended its prolly gonna be some "2 years laters" bull shit.

so whats up? was anything new revealed in comic con?

Farley4Fan

Never mind.  Gamespot is retarded.  PC version is still coming. 

Farley4Fan

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-splinter-cell/53413?type=flv#comments_top

Nothing new revealed at comic con other than it being delayed.  Wtf. 

At 1:50, that better be fixed.  Nothing like ruining smooth gameplay with bad animation coding.  Sam completely turned around and then turned back around to shoot the guy in the balls.  And this is what GT called stealth gameplay?  Really?  You're kidding me.  Although ubi says that you can stealth through the game without killing most people this stuff is starting to make me think they are lying.

And where is the knife?