Now that GE's for ledges are not required.

Started by Tidenburg, July 23, 2009, 11:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tidenburg

Can we start making maps already? Is there actually anything we have to take into account while building or will we just be able to add things like anti-grab volumes later on? Players the same dimensions and all?

frvge

Quote from: Tidenburg on July 23, 2009, 11:50:46 PM
Can we start making maps already?
No, Editor's not ready yet. We still have to implement a lot of things.
Is there actually anything we have to take into account while building or will we just be able to add things like anti-grab volumes later on?
Lateron should be fine.
QuotePlayers the same dimensions and all?
yes, but like triple the UT3 size.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Zedblade

You could have started a long time ago. You can start building the layout and creating the art. Even populate the level and start basic lighting in the normal UT3 editor. Once the editor is out, you can open your map up in the PSeditor and start incorporating PS only stuff.

Just use the CT size standards for coop and stuff.

LennardF1989

I've said that millions of times. Converting to a PS map is only a matter of seconds (and some days for the stuff for the things UT3 editor doesn't provide, like EE's - NOT GE's -).

Farley4Fan

Fascinating...  I have no idea what on Earth is going on...

Gui Brazil

Tidenburg

Just got L4DPC after lennard posted to that site in another thread. I'm gonna mess around with Hammer first before I try anything for PS. I hate the bloody 3D cam controls though. D:

Gui Brazil

If A isn't B, why will you learn A when you need B?

frvge

Hammer is said to be a pain in the ass if you want to do anything remotely non-standard.
UE3 might have a slightly higher starting point for the learning curve.

I only know the basics of UE3 myself, so I don't really know.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Tidenburg

Quote from: Gui Brazil on July 29, 2009, 11:49:25 PM
If A isn't B, why will you learn A when you need B?
Because I already know B and B won't let me make maps for one of my favourite games?

Hammer's nice but it's missing quite a few things I'd've thought standard in an authoring tool, you can't even scale static prop/meshes. :/

lemke

Could someone post the CT size standards so I could start making a map.  I don't recall them and I doubt I could easily find them..

Thanks. 

frvge

1. Vent Size: 128x128
7.Grab height: I'm not exactly sure, but there is a minimum and maximum. All of which use the same animation. Grabbing using the same animation but at differant heights would be more of a engineer job. (Blending from jump to climb up where a 'grab' event is located.)
3. Door Height/width: Single door - 128x256. Double Door - 256x256.
4.Split Jump Width: 192
5. Running wall jump height of vent: Unsure. The height is probably around 384.
6. COOP Height: 512
7. Rail pull height: 96 (From the lege the spy hangs from, to the top of the heighest railing point.)
8. Pole radius/width: 16
9. Zip Line radius: 4

MR.Mic

Also, the spy is about 180-190 units tall while standing.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

lemke

thank you very much.  Good thing I hadn't started building the level.