Main Menu

Series

Started by Sunshine, November 25, 2009, 10:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine

So, as I was bored today I started to watched a series called "V" - the one made in 2009 - I believe.

I must say it's really great, and I'm already kinda stuck to it after 4 episodes.. Kinda annoying though that ABC only made 4 testepisodes or something like that, so it will continue in march, great! Will have forgotten all about it when it finally come new ones (if so)...

So let's discuss all new and old series here which you all like.. Would be glad to find some new ones I can watch on boring days :)

Other series I've watched and liked:
LOST, Prison Break, Jericho, Flash Forward, Two and a half men, Scrubs, Desperate Housewives, One Tree Hill, The OC, Sex and the City, Gossip Girl, Dexter, How I met your mother, The Office and Entourage.

Quite alot :D

frvge

I dont' care much about TV.
I only watch House MD via download.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Currently watching Batman the Animated Series. One of the best cartoons ever made. The voice acting, the style, it's all really well done and fits perfectly.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103359/

Also watching Californication, at season 3 now. Season 1 and 2 were great still getting used to S3. Somehow Hank doesn't really fit his role, atleast for the first 2 episodes. Starting to get better after episode ~4-5. Love the parts where he needs to be super serious and shows up either drunk or stoned and then screws up so bad.

LoChang

Battlestar Galactica (2003). 

MR.Mic

I am a huge TV and Film fan. I watched over 100 films in 2008.

I've seen several tv series from start to completion, but one of my favorites was Pushing Daisies. Very stylistic and fun.
Too bad it got cancelled before it was able to complete. That seems to happen to good shows, while brainrot like CSI and Bones stay on forever and get spinoffs.

Shows I've watched from start to completion (series cancelled)
- All Star Trek series (except the original)
- Reaper
- Battlestar Galactica (2003)
- Stargate SG-1
- Farscape
- Rome
- Life on Mars (UK)
- Six Feet Under
- Carnivale
- The 4400

Shows I've watched from start to most recent (series in progress)
- House
- Penn & Teller: Bullshit
- Burn Notice
- Dexter
- Doctor Who
- Torchwood (possibly cancelled)
- Heroes
- Lost
- Stargate Universe (quality a littly dodgy, we'll see how this one goes)
- The Tudors
- True Blood

Shows I am catching up with (cancelled or in progress):
- Supernatural
- Oz
- Deadwood
- The Office

Miniseries I've watched:
- John Adams
- Taken
- Cosmos, by Carl Sagan

Shows that I stopped watching due to decline in quality: (some more may make this list soon, but we'll see)
- Smallville
- Stargate Atlantis
- Prison Break
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

frvge

So that's 16 shows you are currently watching Mic? Wowz.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

MR.Mic

[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Zedblade

I'm stealing Mic's list format.

Shows I've watched from start to completion ( or series cancelled)
- All Star Trek series (except the original)
- Battlestar Galactica (2003)
- Stargate SG-1
- Farscape
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Angel
- Stargate Atlantis
- Firefly
- Seinfeld
- Friends
- 3rd Rock from the Sun
- Pushing Daisies
- Dead Like Me

Shows I've watched from start to most recent (series in progress)
- Penn & Teller: Bullshit
- Dexter
- Lost
- Stargate Universe
- True Blood
- Bones
- Lie to Me
- Castle
- Family Guy, American Dad
- V
- How I met Your Mother
- The Big Bang Theory
- Smallville (Latest season has seen a huge improvement in Quality)
- Supernatural
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Fringe
- The Office
- Parks and Recreation
- South Park
- The Universe (Amazing educational program)

Shows that I stopped watching due to decline in quality: (some more may make this list soon, but we'll see)
- Prison Break
- Heroes (Fucking awful after the 1st Season)

LennardF1989

@Zedblade: You're watching Castle because he's the guy from Dr. Horrible (which you forgot to mention), right?

It got me attracted to the show for the least, it's awesome. I'm more of a crime junkie, viewing "junk" as CSI (whereas I disagree with the word "junk", @Mic), The Closer, Cold-Case, Law and Order (SVU: Goren is just plain awesome), Castle, Dexter. I also like the supernatural shows such as... well... Supernatural.

Does anyone still remember the show called: The Pretender, got to think of it lately it was pretty cool, I believe it never had a proper ending.

Zedblade

Quote from: LennardF1989 on November 26, 2009, 08:16:41 AM
@Zedblade: You're watching Castle because he's the guy from Dr. Horrible (which you forgot to mention), right?

It got me attracted to the show for the least, it's awesome. I'm more of a crime junkie, viewing "junk" as CSI (whereas I disagree with the word "junk", @Mic), The Closer, Cold-Case, Law and Order (SVU: Goren is just plain awesome), Castle, Dexter. I also like the supernatural shows such as... well... Supernatural.

Does anyone still remember the show called: The Pretender, got to think of it lately it was pretty cool, I believe it never had a proper ending.

Yeah, the only reason I started watching Castle was because of Nathon Fillion, who was awesome as Captain Hammer, but I remember him best has Mal in Firefly.

However, overall I don't really like crime dramas, they are all essentially the same.