No spy versus merc in Splinter Cell Conviction?

Started by AgentX_003, December 19, 2009, 02:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentX_003

No spy versus merc in convictions ? ,does any body know if that seems valid ?

[frvge edit: made clear it's about SCC]

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

LoChang

I haven't felt UBI to be valid since anything after Chaos Theory.

Zedblade

Doesn't seem like it, they have announced a Spy vs. Spy mode (one on one) where there are AI enemies that attack both players.

Tidenburg

Well, there goes all of that game's value.

LoChang

frvge

They probably saw they didn't compare to us anyway :D. Hmz, maybe that's a bit too self-confident.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

AgentX_003

Quote from: frvge on December 19, 2009, 09:06:28 AM
They probably saw they didn't compare to us anyway :D. Hmz, maybe that's a bit too self-confident.

I guess but then again Ive always been Pro -Project Stealth but i wanna see both sides of the pasture

VaNilla

It's not confirmed that these are the only multiplayer modes, but I can't really say I care if they're making SvM anyway, it's good if they're diversifying from a game mode they have relied upon for 3 games in a row. I just hope that they have a few tricks up their sleeves to implement interesting co-op mechanics, as right now the co-operative mode just looks like a two player SP campaign.

frvge

I like the animations of SCC's coop, but the lethality is a big no-no for me. Some interesting things, but interesting != good for the TC-brand.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

AgentX_003

Quote from: frvge on December 19, 2009, 03:09:51 PM
I like the animations of SCC's coop, but the lethality is a big no-no for me. Some interesting things, but interesting != good for the TC-brand.

well without me saying anything im seeing more and more people on teh ubi forums poppin the word on the public forums about it  , random peeps i might add that ive never seen in my entire existance of gaming.

Farley4Fan

There was some game mode described, and it literally went like this:

This game mode is a pure stealth mode where the objective is to kill the opposing team as much as possible.

Uhh, pure stealth = kill everyone you possibly can?

The fact that they are basing the rest of their game modes (and they really aren't that different from eachother) on the single player's mark and execute/last known position bullshit just makes me highly doubt that they will do any form of spy vs merc.  It just wouldn't work with their precious "darling" of a new gameplay style.

Spy vs Spy: NOW WITH AI

Judging from SC's usual quality of AI opponents, this should REALLY be a step up from just regular ole spy vs spy.  Right?  LOL!

I still think this will be a fun game.  An entertaining game at the least.  It's just such a waste of enormous potential.  Dumb everything down with every installment to dumb down the series to make more money and all that jazz go fuck yourself you pricks.  We haven't had 1 decent next-gen spy vs merc...  tsk tsk... I'm counting on you guys hahaha

Roberto1223

idk about you guys but the fact that all you do in a game is hide, select enemies, press enter and let sam shoot them all automatically for ya is pretty dull... even though it looks "cool"...

i wouldnt be surprised if they wanted to "refresh" MP mode aswell and come up with some kind of gamemode that gets old very fast...

Roberto1223

In total, the game has five multiplayer modes, four of which being separate from the main campaign. You can find out more about Prologue mode by reading on below ââ,¬â€ but here's what we know about the special "deniable ops" multiplayer modes:
ââ,¬â€Hunter is for one to two players to go in and stealth kill everybody they find.
ââ,¬â€Infiltration is a "pure" stealth mode for one to two players where the second you're spotted, you lose.
ââ,¬â€Last Stand is a survival mode where one to two players have to protect a warhead within a level from a group of AI that want to set it off.
ââ,¬â€Face Off throws out co-op and pits two players against both each other and a lot of hostile AI within a level.

http://kotaku.com/5429088/splinter-cell-conviction-multiplayer-preview-separation-anxiety-times-two

LOL they call it multiplayer mode and its from 1 to 2 players... so um if its 1 then its not much of a mp mode is it..

Its probably gonna be very linear and get old fast as i thought

monterto

Spy vs Spy matches were really intense in double agent
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

AgentX_003