Bioshock 2... anyone else getting it?

Started by Aj, February 01, 2010, 07:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbaganoosh

The game looks as good as the first one, they have a very good attention to detail.
The gameplay is kind of the same but the mechanics of your character take a little getting used to. I've only just started on the single player and first impressions are is it is much the same as BS1. Obviuosly the character you play is different and you see some different enemies but overall it's still Rapture so you shouldn't expect any major differences.

After playing L4D2 for quite a while and getting teamed up with idiots and noobs the single player diversion of BS2 is kind of nice. I haven't played the MP yet but don't hold much hope for it TBH. I will try it eventually but not in a hurry. If you liked the first one you will probably like BS2.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Cronky

It'd be fun to write a review of this game, cause it's so hard to explain exactly I think of it.

Playing single player only I really only have to say that the story was good, but not as good as the first one.

No Andrew Ryan moments... While 2 had some pretty good parts, just nothing amounted to that in my mind.

--------------------------------
My playthrough consisted of:

-Hard Mode

-No Vita Chambers

-Save all Little Sisters (Good Alternative to Others)
-------------------------------------------------------

Ultimately though I think making Plasmids and Weapons a combo is good and bad idea. Good cause you get to use both at the same time (One of those ideas that you think... "Why wasn't it like this in the first?"). Bad cause it makes most of the enemies really easy. The lack of needing to micromanage (Or lacking if you died a lot like I did in 1) really leads to an easier game. Big Daddies in #1 were a force to be reckoned with. Where as in #2 they are just another enemy. Not really tough, but will take some health away.

The new Plasmids also hang on that very fine line. I spent most of the game freezing people. Kind of a cure all to any situation. Freeze... Shatter. Except for the occasional Freeze Immune Daddy, it made it almost too easy. Hypnotize 3 was also over used by me. Brute Splicer/Big Daddy by your side and it didn't matter WHAT was going to happen, you were going to get out with minimal damage. Add to that 1 or 2 Sentry guns that Have Upped Health and Stronger Weapons via Blue hack, and you got yourself a little army (That I might add... Can find enemies before you can see them).

I like the game, the story was great. Just not as intense as #1. Course that doesn't amount to much since if they used the same cards again, I'd be complaining that they were too similar.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky