Does anyone...

Started by :D, April 21, 2010, 06:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

:D

I just bought CT off steam and was wondering if anyone knows how to use a controller instead of the keyboard and mouse cause i cant not stand using them

Zedblade

you plug the controller into the USB slot?

AgentX_003

Quote from: :D on April 21, 2010, 06:00:06 AM
I just bought CT off steam and was wondering if anyone knows how to use a controller instead of the keyboard and mouse cause i cant not stand using them

ya , download the drivers from micrsoft

the 360 driver controllers
then pick ur flavor of game pad program  , Pinnacle or Xpadder and ur good to go.

thats for wired, now if you wanna use the wireless controller you gotta buy the wireless reciever which plugs into the usb port of ur computer and yea once again ur set.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Cronky

Now not to take away from those two programs, or using a controller with this game, but don't expect a seamless transition from Keyboard/Mouse to Controller using those.

Those programs take literal translations from keyboard and bind them to controller layouts. Keyboards have more buttons, thus more availability to make a control scheme more Open. Controllers less... so some things come off as weird.

This is from experience playing around with xPadder and Pinnacle for Versus Mode (Spy). Things like... Crouching AND Rolling with the same button (As it is on Xbox) don't play the same.

JUST a word of warning. Only a small thing, but annoyed me considering I play on Consoles more for games like Splinter Cell.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Farley4Fan

Yeah, Agent helped me out with this but (to no fault of his own) controller programs are always a bit rough.  Like xpadder.  Like I've said a few times you can't go multiple speeds just by tilting the analog stick a certain distance.  There is a 'slow' button that you have to push to move slow so that mines don't rape your anus.  In my experience with the PC version I've hit about 10x more mines than I have with xbox because I'm not used to the control scheme.  There's definitely a learning curve there.

LennardF1989

Pinnacle sucks and lags, I once made a script that worked pretty well for the awesome FREE program called GlovePIE.