Main Menu

Dear Europe

Started by Spekkio, July 27, 2010, 03:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theDuke

See you don't like it, do you.

I'm out for now, enjoy the rest of the day in front of your screen sweetie.  

Farley4Fan

Quote from: theDuke on September 13, 2010, 07:06:12 PM
See you don't like it, do you.

I'm out for now, enjoy the rest of the day in front of your screen sweetie.  

I don't like what?  I would say I don't generalize, but that would be generalizing myself and so I'll avoid that.  That's how hardcore I am about not generalizing.   ::)

@Binary, true my friend.

When I'm not doing other things (hanging out with friends, going on dates, parties, working out, school, work, baseball) I'm probably online surfing the web or playing video games.  Typically it's a very small portion of my day.  I very much have a life.  The weird thing is that I'd rather not let some of my friends know that I talk to people online through forums because that stereotype has not died out yet.  It's not that I'm embarrassed, it's that my friends (knowing my friends) would take it some dumbass way like I'm a creeper that lurks in my basement the whole day and curses the sun and shit.  I know it's not like that, but I'd rather not have to deal with explaining that to my friends.  God knows we give eachother shit for everything.  Everyone hates and loves their friends.

YaYz0r

Quote from: Farley4Fan on September 12, 2010, 02:31:31 AM
No it doesn't.  Try finding neutrality on ANY news station though.  Also, don't act like this guy is the norm on Fox.  I could post some enthuisastic reporter from CNN, MSNBC, anything - and that's not enough proof dude.  A random reporter I've never even seen with a 10 second film is not enough proof - you're obviously not trying hard enough because there are much worse things out there.  Your obsession with exposing fox as a biased news outlet is kind of a waste of time.  Why?  Because they all are, and we all know this, you're just  being redundant.
Of course it is not possible to be 100 percent neutral as a reporter but you should be neutral to a certain degree and I was just using the video to give an example of what I think is wrong. And if all other news outlets are as biased as Fox like you say, it just supports my original statement (that Americaââ,¬â,,¢s news media is horrible).

Quote from: Farley4Fan on September 12, 2010, 02:31:31 AMHahahahah, the hypocrisy.  I really don't want to say this but... gotcha.  Read what you said above, "just because the others do it does not justify it".  I also think it's funny how you basically say you are sick of it because it's true.
You do not understand what I mean. Let us say that we discuss whether George W. Bush played a role in the 9/11 terrorists attack or not. Continuing to argue that the only reason why Bush denies having anything to do with it is because he would be prosecuted and using that as the main reason as to why he probably has something to do with it would be kind of lame, would it not? Can you see what I mean?

I have to say this again, I don't think he is Muslim.  So obviously I don't see more things pointing to him being Muslim than being a Christian.  So that was definitely a stupid question on your part.  I can see, however, that some people see things another way.  You cannot, because you are close minded and somewhat elitist ("anyone who doesn't think this way is an idiot").  How ironic considering that it's usually conservatives who are labelled close-minded.
No, it was not a stupid question on my part. I just want to know how you think believing Obama is a Muslim can be justified. Like you I can see that some people see things in a different way but in this case seeing things differently comes from ignorance, in my opinion. It has nothing to do with me being close-minded and not capable of accepting other people having another opinion than mine. To put it in a different way, if someone told me that he thought of the map Warehouse as being easier to win as spy than the map Orphanage in SC:CT and he was not able to find proper arguments supporting his opinion but still did not change his mind, I would think that he was being a, perhaps ignorant, idiot. Would that make me a close-minded person?

Well your gift to the ignorant of America isn't helping things run less like shit.  Where the hell did I say I don't want "change"?  Quit acting like any change is good change.  Come on, now you're just fumbling for some weak ass mantras.

I meant that Obama was anti-American.  In his early days of presidency.  In his time of arrogance and inexperience.  I'm sure he's woken up and smelled the coffee by now.  In a lot of ways he realized that a lot of his vision of Obama's America was childish and unrealistic.  To put it a different way, he was anti-the way things had been done in America.  I'm sure you can agree with me on that, but I can't agree with him.  All presidents come to the center during presidency because running an office on one side of the spectrum is unhealthy for the country and political suicide.  You saw how fast people got sick of Obama's shit.
It is going to take a lot of time before things get better in the USA and you know that. And look at what you just said. You are basically claiming that if someone wants things to be done in a different way i.e. wants to change something then that person is anti-American. That really makes you sound like someone who is afraid of change but it was especially the following part of your previous post that gave me the impression that you are afraid of change:

Quote from: Farley4Fan on September 03, 2010, 12:28:54 AMI don't believe Obama is Muslim, but I do believe he is pretty anti-American (ala, his church).  As in, he dissaproved of the way things have been done in America so gets elected to mold the country into the America that HE wants.  The day he bowed to another country's leader, I saw that as the day he showed acknowledgment that America sucked but "Hey!  MY America is better!  See?  I'm bowing before you!"  I see that as arrogance (not confidence) and that's a definitive trait I would NEVER want to see in my leader.  It also pisses me off that he decides to apologize for all the "harm" that America has caused.  As in, "Hey, I'm above all that shitty stuff and not related to it in any way but I'm sorry so love MY America now bla bla bla"

This is the kind of shit that really ticks me about Obama, not his religion.
It is generally the same thing you say here except that you have chosen to spice it up a bit with some typical American arrogance (yes, I was generalizing there). But honestly, do you think it is wrong of Obama to bow for another country's leader? And do you really think that it was an example of Obama's so-called arrogance? Do you not realise that Obama is just showing his and Americaââ,¬â,,¢s respect for another country, which is something that America has been very bad at in the past? And why are you putting the word harm in quotation marks? America has caused a lot of harm, more than you can ever dream of, whether you like it or not and it is about time someone starts to apologize for it. Jesus Christ, if all Americans are like you then it is no wonder that Americans in general are being thought of as arrogant sons of bitches who thinks that they are the greatest nation and people and that they own the whole world.

Quote from: Farley4Fan on September 12, 2010, 02:31:31 AMhaha Yeah, we don't see that the same way.  At all.  I'm sorry I haven't come to accept him as my lord and savior like I apparently should.

But I hope that doesn't mean that I'm automatically an ignorant idiot like you've called all others who you disagree with.
You distort what I say. I do not automatically think of people as ignorant idiots when they do not agree with me but I do when I see no reason to why they should not agree with me and they fail to justify why they have a different opinion.

LoChang

America IS the greatest nation in the world aside from Australia because they have kangaroos.

CurdyMilk

Quote from: LoChang on September 24, 2010, 07:09:43 AM
America IS the greatest nation in the world aside from Australia because they have kangaroos.
America is the greatest nation in the world aside from Madagascar because they have lemurs!

YaYz0r

Keep this discussion serious, pls!! D:

LoChang

I'm being serious. People discussing things that have no hope of convincing the other OR ever bringing them around to change their minds into line with yours is rather pointless. Farley nor myself will never see the world the way you do; Yayzor, you will never see it our way. You're all going to talk yourself in circles for another 12 pages and get nowhere.

America is still the greatest nation in the world and like every other country they/we make plenty of mistakes. We also pay dearly for those mistakes. That's all I'm going to contribute. You may all carry on in your pointless, 'go-nowhere' discussion.

Spark Mandriller

Quote from: LoChang on September 24, 2010, 06:40:54 PM
America is still the greatest nation in the world and like every other country they/we make plenty of mistakes. We also pay dearly for those mistakes. That's all I'm going to contribute. You may all carry on in your pointless, 'go-nowhere' discussion.

Europe is totally cooler than America. And they could have beaten the Nazis in WW2 on their own, no problem. In fact, they probably did, and the Americans just lied about it in the history books so they could look good.

CurdyMilk

Quote from: B-3A Misty Lady on September 24, 2010, 09:33:30 PM
Quote from: LoChang on September 24, 2010, 06:40:54 PM

Europe is totally cooler than America. And they could have beaten the Nazis in WW2 on their own, no problem. In fact, they probably did, and the Americans just lied about it in the history books so they could look good.
You have no validity in this argument.  Either way, it doesn't really matter.  As far as Europe being cooler than America, it is subjective and useless to discuss.

monterto

Europe is full of fucking Gypsies

-1 for europe
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

DreadStunLock

Quote from: monterto on September 29, 2010, 10:30:22 PM
Europe is full of fucking Gypsies

-1 for europe

4 givin' a lie AIZ gief U under -9000

Snakebit.

Modern american political discussion.

puuusianka

Quote from: LoChang on September 24, 2010, 07:09:43 AM
damn right about the kangaroos but pls keep your pride private because I could say the very same thing about my country and I would truly mean it.

Anyway I think some of the people in here forgot what was the discussion about...

Shadow

Dear America,

You are doing it wrong

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D4zhCZoiy-Q/SalWW0h76eI/AAAAAAAAALI/3W08Y7S17Zs/s400/girls-emo-haircut.jpg

Regards,

Europe

( No point in arguing though...... this stupid shit happens all over the world :(. )

LoChang

Quote from: puuusianka on October 05, 2010, 07:29:59 PM
damn right about the kangaroos but pls keep your pride private because I could say the very same thing about my country and I would truly mean it.

Anyway I think some of the people in here forgot what was the discussion about...

...but that's the whole point I made, puuusianka! I firmly believe America, for all it's flaws, is the greatest country in the world's history. You would believe the same about your country. And neither one of us is going to change our opinion on it so bickering and debating on it like has gone on for 5 pages in this thread is pointless. You inadvertantly proved my point.

And the other good thing about America, at least for the time being, is I'm allowed to voice my pride, whether it be pro- or anti-[insert subject here].

:)