American politicians to bring back slavery!

Started by Aj, July 31, 2010, 03:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spekkio

Quote from: goodkebab on August 01, 2010, 09:54:06 PM
Out of curiousity,  how much does the USA profit from its wars.  I cant believe for a second they are done for merely political ideals.  Security groups obviously earn a healthy paycheck,  but who else?
When you say "the USA," what exactly are you referring to? If you're referring to the US government, it's clearly not profiting at all; deficits are at an all-time high. If you're referring to the average private citizen, I would venture to say that the over-reliance on the federal government as a source of income paired with the interest from our debt is overall detrimental to our economy and in the long term will stunt, if not decrease, our standard of living. The theory is that the people paid by the government will dump their income into goods and services provided by private business, but that is not always the case.

I know that a lot of conspiracy theorists and foreigners like to claim that America is in it for the oil, but you're talking about a miniscule portion of the population benefiting from this.

Ion.67

I wouldn't even care. It wouldn't do anything bad in a time of crisis.

goodkebab

Spekkio, 

There a lot of businesses that live off of government spending.  Some are absolutely necessary  (i used to work with companies that provided support for Forest Fire Fighting brigades).

I guess "USA" is to much of a generalization  when it is Who profits from the wars,  which as you said are a miniscule portion.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Ion.67 on August 02, 2010, 06:45:50 PM
I wouldn't even care. It wouldn't do anything bad in a time of crisis.

Dude, putting even more people into the military means putting more money into the military which means taking money away from everything else.  Our military spending can't go much higher.  This would be a mindfuck for the economy's hivemind (it exists, trust me).

Spekkio

Nah, we don't have to take money away from everything else. We'll just print more money. It's cool.

Ion.67

Exactly. Printing money is for winners, running out is for nubs.

Take your choice: die or make a bigger military if we need it.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Spekkio on August 02, 2010, 10:20:36 PM
Nah, we don't have to take money away from everything else. We'll just print more money. It's cool.

lmao

Quote from: Ion.67 on August 03, 2010, 07:26:09 PM
Exactly. Printing money is for winners, running out is for nubs.

Take your choice: die or make a bigger military if we need it.

We need a bigger military?

Farley4Fan

lol I see that now.

But right now we don't, so making what is basically a mandatory draft for all citizens is obviously a terrible idea.  I guess I was being admiral obvious on that one.