The latest episode of "You Got FUbied!™"

Started by Aj, September 08, 2011, 09:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aj

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9751064939/m/1511052349

Cliff notes:
Klean posts that the title will have one time online activation and will not require any connection after that.
People buy the game and find that that is not the case.
People bitch.  Ubi releases statement that they "realized that a post made in the forum was not clear" and that they are "sorry for the confusion"
As usual, it's two weeeks since the patch was promised, and no update.  I seriously wonder why anyone buys their games at release?(on PC especially, since PC always gets the knawed off miniscule end of the stick)

Farley4Fan

Yup.  They are an awful company.

I like how they said "misunderstanding", as if not all of the fault is theirs. 

Spark Mandriller

People who keep buying Ubi games deserve what they get tbqh.

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Bubbaganoosh

It's the UBI business model. They make the game for consoles then get some intern
or some guy off the street to port it to the PC. Hell if they sell 12 copies it pays for the
intern's time so they really don't care after that. UBI stopped giving a shit about
customers a long time ago, this is just confirmation.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Zedblade

no one cares

this isn't a Ubi hate forum, stop posting crap like this.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Justus on September 10, 2011, 03:51:39 AM
no one cares

I tend to disagree on this notion because it was that very same hatred of Ubisoft's incompetence of an incomplete product
that propelled the very idea of a mod team to begin with.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Cronky

Quote from: AgentX_003 on September 13, 2011, 10:49:25 AM
Quote from: Justus on September 10, 2011, 03:51:39 AM
no one cares

I tend to disagree on this notion because it was that very same hatred of Ubisoft's incompetence of an incomplete product
that propelled the very idea of a mod team to begin with.

I think what he was getting at is that this Topic itself is alright to have been brought up. Pretty interesting stuff, and kinda funny if looked at it from the right perspective, but stuff like...

Quote from: Bubbaganoosh on September 09, 2011, 03:15:21 PM
It's the UBI business model. They make the game for consoles then get some intern
or some guy off the street to port it to the PC. Hell if they sell 12 copies it pays for the
intern's time so they really don't care after that. UBI stopped giving a shit about
customers a long time ago, this is just confirmation.

...has no place in the forum. It's just hating on Ubisoft for the sake of hating. If there was a similar article that was like "Ubisoft ports games with 1 intern" then it'd be more relevant.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Bubbaganoosh

I don't hate for the sake of hating, nice try though.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Cronky

That post I quoted didn't have a relevant article confirming what you were saying. If you don't have something legitimate to say (like your topic post contained) then it's "hating for the sake of hating".

You don't like Ubisoft and how they do business? Well join the crowd.

Got an interesting news story on them? We'll gladly comment on it.

Just saying they suck? Who cares, don't put it on the forum.

Ubisoft may have done a bad port of From Dust, but the topic was talking about them not handling their DRM situation gracefully. Bad ports aren't something that Ubisoft alone does. Pretty much every multiplatform game that comes out now a days has one group that talks about a crappy port to their system.

Point is, (as Justus said) this isn't an Ubi Hate forum. Even if their lack of support for SvM birthed the plan for PS, and even if it's just saying something dumb. We have a general consensus on how everyone feels about them. We don't need to hear it repeated.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------

Bubbaganoosh

I didn't realize we needed to post articles to back up an opinion. I must have missed it
in the forum rules. I don't know what set you guys off here but whatever, it's your forum.
I have been visiting here for a while and have seen a lot of shit like I posted here, and
there are no examples as I can't be bothered, and you guys ignore it. Some of the shit
from one person I can think of has been ridiculous, but again, your forum.

You guys seem like decent people and I like what you're doing with PS. You have a great idea
and if it turns out half as good as it's looking now I think some of you guys will see huge personal
benefits from this project. Having said that I don't come here for this kind of thing and if something
I post is taken this way then I guess posting here is a waste of my time.
Well it made me lol.

Cronky

I don't think I put enough (or any now that I look back at it) smiley faces to convey that my posts were supposed to be taken lightly. That and I word things badly. ;)

Opinions are opinions and they don't need some link to be proven true, but being that someone on the forum (Justus) (PS. I'm not saying this because he's a dev. I would have had the same reaction had anyone else said it) doesn't want to read more people go on about Ubisoft and how crappy a company they are, it makes me inclined to say something along the lines of "Stop it". I used your quote because it was the most "bashing" of Ubisoft in this thread in my eyes (After reading the last bits of AJ's original post again, I could have used that too).

Pointing you out directly (when I meant to be talking to everyone) was a bad play on my hand. So sorry about that. The point still is though that Ubisoft hate should stop. Unless there is a legit reason (the topic), and in those cases, keep on topic and only on topic (even if it's in the Off-Topic section).

:)
-----------------------