BIG QUESTIONS FOR THE DEV TEAM !

Started by AgentX_003, September 26, 2011, 01:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentX_003

enough of these childish posts , it's time to hash out the biggest questions on my mind to the team : I know You people are using UDK and it's an ever evolving engine but UT3 came out in 2007 .....so UT4 is going to be about about oh mid 2012 How is this going to affect development of project stealth and how will you deal with it ?

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

frvge

Epic Games is working on UE4, but with like 2 people or something. The Unreal Engine 3 from a few years ago is totally different from the one in the latest UDKs and Epic Games has stated they intend UE3 for the new generation of consoles. And maybe also UE4, but we're talking something post 2012 as far as I know.

Source: some interview I read on gamasutra I think. Recalling it from mah uber memory, so it can be flawed xD.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

AgentX_003

Quote from: frvge on September 26, 2011, 01:34:08 AM
Epic Games is working on UE4, but with like 2 people or something. The Unreal Engine 3 from a few years ago is totally different from the one in the latest UDKs and Epic Games has stated they intend UE3 for the new generation of consoles. And maybe also UE4, but we're talking something post 2012 as far as I know.

Source: some interview I read on gamasutra I think. Recalling it from mah uber memory, so it can be flawed xD.
but the question still remains what is the team going to do ?

Farley4Fan

Quoteenough of these childish posts

i havent seen any posts

DreadStunLock

Quote from: AgentX_003 on September 26, 2011, 02:41:42 AM
Quote from: frvge on September 26, 2011, 01:34:08 AM

but the question still remains what is the team going to do ?

http://tinyurl.com/3b34864

Farley@ Agreed.

Zedblade

Quote from: AgentX_003 on September 26, 2011, 01:23:32 AM
enough of these childish posts , it's time to hash out the biggest questions on my mind to the team : I know You people are using UDK and it's an ever evolving engine but UT3 came out in 2007 .....so UT4 is going to be about about oh mid 2012 How is this going to affect development of project stealth and how will you deal with it ?

it's not going to effect it at all, so we won't have to deal with anything.

DreadStunLock

I actually still don't get the point of this topic, if Agent even bothered trying to download the UDK, he would see that UDK MAJOR monthly updates never replace the older ones.

Cronky

oooh oooh oooh! I got a question for the Dev team.

I know you guys have computers/consoles and Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas are getting a little old by now, but what is the team going to do when Skyrim comes out? How will the release of Skyrim affect the development process?

:)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

AgentX_003

you two are missing the point, the point of this thread is that By the time PS comes out, UT4 will be out and won't that cause problems for the devs , just like how The Transition of using UT3s engine from a different game and then trying to transfer it over , Wouldn't that be the same problem o_o cause UT4 would be entirely different structure ?

DreadStunLock

Agent you are so stupid, why the hell would they need to transition!? Who told you that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will not work because there is Frostbite 2.0 engine???

Cronky@ They will have to throw away Project Stealth in the nearest bin, and they will have to create games based on the medieval culture. ;)

Farley4Fan

Quote from: AgentX_003 on September 28, 2011, 02:53:40 AM
you two are missing the point, the point of this thread is that By the time PS comes out, UT4 will be out and won't that cause problems for the devs , just like how The Transition of using UT3s engine from a different game and then trying to transfer it over , Wouldn't that be the same problem o_o cause UT4 would be entirely different structure ?

lol

Zedblade

Quote from: Cronky on September 28, 2011, 01:57:25 AM

I know you guys have computers/consoles and Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas are getting a little old by now, but what is the team going to do when Skyrim comes out? How will the release of Skyrim affect the development process?

i bet skryrim will actually effect development time, at least it will for me. ;)

Quote from: AgentX_003 on September 28, 2011, 02:53:40 AM

we aren't going to switch to UE4, so it's not going to effect us at all. how many times do we have to say that?

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Justus on September 28, 2011, 07:05:19 AM

i bet skryrim will actually effect development time, at least it will for me. ;)

How you manage to play that game, I really want to give it another go, but the combat of moving back, then forth, then slash and repeat is all there is to kill any mob. :( At least in Oblivion it's how it was.

Zedblade

Quote from: DreadStunlock on September 28, 2011, 09:54:25 AM
Quote from: Justus on September 28, 2011, 07:05:19 AM

How you manage to play that game, I really want to give it another go, but the combat of moving back, then forth, then slash and repeat is all there is to kill any mob. :( At least in Oblivion it's how it was.

I'll admit it took a good 3 gigs of mods, including melee combat overhaul mods for me to finally get absorbed into oblivion. Skyrim looks like it's going to be way better in terms of combat though.

DreadStunLock

Screw it, I just saw Skyrim combat, it's same bullshit again, and what the hell? Shooting an arrow and killing a dude is a sneak attack when another mob is next to him looking right at him. -.-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUdvbBumTyU

Freakin' aweful game. :(