BF3 Beta Marathon!

Started by DreadStunLock, September 29, 2011, 11:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Mandriller

That's just evidence it's a demo. Betas are for testing. People can't exactly test coop or single player if they're locked, can they? Same goes for Caspian Border, especially since we know that map is fully functional since people have played on it. It's just a demo with a different name, is all.

Farley4Fan

Dice released a crappy beta then said it is older code meant only to stress test their servers.  Whether you believe that or not is up to you.  I personally think it's damage control of sorts, since the uproar has been massive.  It's strange tho, because gameplay videos from many months ago look more solid than the game in the beta.  Obviously it's gonna disappoint people.  They would have said it before they released it.

I'm gonna wait til the full game comes out, but I'm pretty damn sure that I will not buy the 360 version now - even tho my friends will bitch.  I'll wait for reviews and see what the general response is and how much it has improved since the beta.  Because as it stands right now, it's a buggy mess (I'm seriously falling through the map ever other match and shit is constantly flashing on my screen) with shitty gameplay (hit detection is abysmal, the semi-auto snipers are destroying everything, etc) and disappointing visuals.  Bad Company 2 honestly looks better on 360. 

Where's the destruction?  I can understand if the graphics get worse if there is more destruction, but it's watered down to a strictly aesthetic level.  I'm hoping Metro isn't the best showcase of the destructive possibilities, but even on the last base rockets don't do shit to the buildings outside.  Not to mention, there are no vehicles to take your mind off the shitty firefights.

And I hear PC version will get no modding capabilities?

Wtf is DICE doing here?  EA seems to have had their dirty little paws in the development.

DreadStunLock

I think I changed my mind, unless BF3 final release will be mindblowing, I ain't buying it, I want my commander....all over me...

zglina

Tidenburg

I got to play BF3 single player at a playstation expo I went to. Was really good but I'm still not gonna buy it if it's not on Steam :)

LennardF1989

Let me answer this:
Quote from: Tidenburg on October 11, 2011, 12:35:56 AM
but I'm still not gonna buy it if it's not on Steam :)

With this:
Quote from: Farley4Fan on October 02, 2011, 08:02:09 PM
EA seems to have had their dirty little paws in the development.

As in: Ain't gonna happen.

I liked the beta, played Caspian Border before they went public. Great experience. I only don't like the browser-based shit (Battlelog ansich is good though) and Origin trying to clone Steam makes me laugh.

Tidenburg

Quote from: LennardF1989 on October 17, 2011, 12:39:52 AM
Let me answer this:
Quote from: Tidenburg on October 11, 2011, 12:35:56 AM
but I'm still not gonna buy it if it's not on Steam :)

With this:
Quote from: Farley4Fan on October 02, 2011, 08:02:09 PM
EA seems to have had their dirty little paws in the development.

As in: Ain't gonna happen.

I liked the beta, played Caspian Border before they went public. Great experience. I only don't like the browser-based shit (Battlelog ansich is good though) and Origin trying to clone Steam makes me laugh.

True, and I'm aware of that. But the only thing EA will hear is a financial hit, so I think not buying it is important. I'm so strapped for cash at the minute too that sticking to my guns won't be hard ;D

They're not obligated to be on Steam, as Newell said, but when they clearly are doing it just pocket some extra cash, it's not right.