Merc Jumping. Yes? No?

Started by Cronky, December 21, 2011, 11:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Jumping is essential to the Merc gameplay?

Yes
No
Vega Sucks
^^^(Did I do that right?)

Pusianka

Haven't we just finished this topic? We could just as much discuss the weather today right now, come on man?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

VaNilla

Just shut up Pusianka/Dread you're actually insufferable, nobody cares about how much you hate Agent.

Cronky

Quote from: AgentX_003 on January 02, 2012, 02:02:52 AM
Hmm even though I had voted yes for merc jumping , I was still feeling ready to adjust my playing style
to accommodate the lack of jump because in turn perhaps the xbox players are right, that jumping and turning doesn't
require skill, and that I think it would change the face of the game cause peeps who charge , would have to rely on sniping alone ?

These are my thoughts on this matter. Discuss.

You brought up a good point. It seems like the lack of jumping would give a bigger risk/reward to the charge. I like the sound of it in my head, but I don't know how well it will work out actually in game. Not that it really matters since jumping wont lessen the chance of you getting grabbed in PS (at least from what we've heard).
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Pusianka

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on January 02, 2012, 01:34:16 PM
Just shut up Pusianka/Dread you're actually insufferable, nobody cares about how much you hate Agent.

you brought up Dread while he hasn't said a darn thing(I'll smite you for that) and to be just perfectly honest I haven't attacked agent. Even more I wished him honest happy new year. So at that point I gave him back the clean card. Now that I think of it. The post I made might have been useless shit produced because of lack of conversation but your post was just as much useless. That is why I will smite you again. 

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

Cronky

There's no need for that in here. Unless you're discussing what was last brought up (Risk/Reward for Merc abilities affected by the lack of jumping), then you don't need to post at all.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Vega

Quote from: BRAIN GOLEM on December 22, 2011, 12:15:59 AM
I don't think there's much point in a Vega sucks option when nobody's seen Vega in like two years.

Shit, half you guys probably don't even know who he is.

Two years my ass.  For the other remark, Brain Golem (noop) is right.  Fuckin change your name back to Noob-Ni or at the very least Noop-Ni.  Or better yet, Spark Mandriller.

Merc jumping is fine.  Just make it so it can't be gay. 

Spark Mandriller

WELL WHATEVER I WAS SO LONELY IT FELT LIKE TWO YEARS

Pusianka

Quote from: Vega on January 05, 2012, 05:00:59 PM
ne.  Just make it so it can't be gay.

That's some very constructive criticism here...

- Hit it."

Vega

Quote from: Spark Mandriller on January 05, 2012, 07:14:11 PM
Quote from: LoChang on January 05, 2012, 10:40:16 PM
VEGA!!!

<3 <3 <3

Btw, Project Stealth is still looking great!  You guys are doing an awesome job, very proud of you little nublets.  You make your mother so happy  :'( sniff I'm just so proud sniff  :'(

Quote from: Pusianka on January 06, 2012, 02:40:32 PM

"Being gay" = jumping out of a grab or an attempt to grab.  I like merc jumping because it allowed the merc to interact with the level in unforeseen and usually surprising means.  It was fun shit.

LoChang

Quote from: Vega on January 07, 2012, 10:00:06 PM
Quote from: Spark Mandriller on January 05, 2012, 07:14:11 PM
Quote from: LoChang on January 05, 2012, 10:40:16 PM
VEGA!!!

<3 <3 <3

Btw, Project Stealth is still looking great!  You guys are doing an awesome job, very proud of you little nublets.  You make your mother so happy  :'( sniff I'm just so proud sniff  :'(

Quote from: Pusianka on January 06, 2012, 02:40:32 PM

"Being gay" = jumping out of a grab or an attempt to grab.  I like merc jumping because it allowed the merc to interact with the level in unforeseen and usually surprising means.  It was fun shit.

Two years (vegas ass) and he still has more posts than I.

Vega

Quote from: LoChang on January 07, 2012, 10:18:33 PM
Two years (vegas ass) and he still has more posts than I.

+1 Karma!  I applaud you, sir.  There, now it's even!  But hey, don't let that 3 karma get to your head.  I remember the days when I had 2 karma...wink wink nudge nudge

Pusianka

Wow what an irony I actually have sth to say on this topic after all.

One of the main problems considering lack of jumping is also unabillity to put clever mines. Well it suddenly appeared to my head that we could just throw them on the wall(There was sth like that mentioned in the past) using the gun. If that is implemented, I will feel almost comfortable with the lack of jumping.

Is it possibly gonna be implemented or you're afraid of sth? I haven't thought it over much to e honest.

- Hit it."

frvge

We have a setting to make grenades stickable. Not sure if that's going to be in the game. Was more a programmer experiment. But 'throwing' mines would be possible in theory, only have to distinguish the throw from the normal placement.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Vega

Pusianka, to be honest I think having the sith in the game would be completely overpowered.  I'm not afraid I just think it's a step in the wrong direction. They don't even care about objectives, they only care about power, further complicating the SvM dynamic.