Merc Jumping. Yes? No?

Started by Cronky, December 21, 2011, 11:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Jumping is essential to the Merc gameplay?

Yes
No
Vega Sucks
^^^(Did I do that right?)

Farley4Fan

I want a paragon/renegade system.  If not, you can kiss my 84 cent donation GOOODBYE

NeoSuperior

oh frvge! you must (temp-)ban farley! He starts trolling to reach 5000 posts!  :P
---
Hmm throwing mines is interesting. But it always was a chance for the spies to kill the merc when placing the mines, but this would make it impossible and with that it's even harder for the spy team.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

If the distance is kept small enough, it'd be possible.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Spekkio

Jumping should stay with the following:

-Slightly higher (like 1/2 sec) cooldown after a jump.
-Missed berserks don't let you jump for the duration of the berserk cooldown.
-Missed bullcharges do not let you jump for the duration of the bullcharge cooldown.
-Fix the funny punch bug.

If you do those things, then mercs won't be able to jump themselves out of the situations they shouldn't -- like bullcharging into a wall or being immune after missing a berserk entirely.

Vega

Quote from: Spekkio on January 10, 2012, 12:07:34 AM
Jumping should stay with the following:

-Slightly higher (like 1/2 sec) cooldown after a jump.
-Missed berserks don't let you jump for the duration of the berserk cooldown.
-Missed bullcharges do not let you jump for the duration of the bullcharge cooldown.
-Fix the funny punch bug.

If you do those things, then mercs won't be able to jump themselves out of the situations they shouldn't -- like bullcharging into a wall or being immune after missing a berserk entirely.

Holy cow!  A Spekkio has been sighted!

I endorse the above points, spot on.

NeoSuperior

lol, with these points let's remove beserk COMPLETLY. Because if its good player vs good player, then beserk will not be used anyway.

Instead i think the normal elbow hit should be modified, to make it as efficient as the spies' elbow hit. I mean spies can always "spam" the shift button to get a succesful elbow, while mercs' elbow can only be tried once and because of laags etc. it is almost impossible to hit the hitbox at the right time. So either make elbow the same for the mercs, as it is for the spies, or do it the other way around and make spies' elbow hit like the merc one.

But if you just make beserk even more useless than it is (basicly only used for jump defense, although that can be also achieved by aircharge) then why the hell do we even need it? Beserk only promotes aggro-play and smokegranade-spamming anyway.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

AgentX_003

Quote from: Meister_Neo on January 10, 2012, 04:41:28 PM
lol, with these points let's remove beserk COMPLETLY. Because if its good player vs good player, then beserk will not be used anyway.

Instead i think the normal elbow hit should be modified, to make it as efficient as the spies' elbow hit. I mean spies can always "spam" the shift button to get a succesful elbow, while mercs' elbow can only be tried once and because of laags etc. it is almost impossible to hit the hitbox at the right time. So either make elbow the same for the mercs, as it is for the spies, or do it the other way around and make spies' elbow hit like the merc one.

But if you just make beserk even more useless than it is (basicly only used for jump defense, although that can be also achieved by aircharge) then why the hell do we even need it? Beserk only promotes aggro-play and smokegranade-spamming anyway.

Very bad assumption you seem to forget this isn't ubisofts netcode here,  don't forget who wrote the connection tweak guide from the sclamer froums ;) , Mr.mic being primarly one of em :D

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Quote from: AgentX_003 on January 10, 2012, 07:27:02 PM

Very bad assumption you seem to forget this isn't ubisofts netcode here,  don't forget who wrote the connection tweak guide from the sclamer froums ;) , Mr.mic being primarly one of em :D

You are right there, it isn't Ubisoft's code, in fact there isn't anyones code at all.

Pusianka

Quote from: DreadStunlock on January 10, 2012, 08:09:44 PM
You are right there, it isn't Ubisoft's code, in fact there isn't anyones code at all.

Farley switch on sarcasm detecting senses and scan the post above...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

AgentX_003

Quote from: DreadStunlock on January 10, 2012, 08:09:44 PM

discombobulated one, my point was the fact that the way he was referencing the hitboxs and still talking about chaostheory rather then Project stealth , sigh I shouldn't have to explain this but obviously I do so it seems <_< .

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Spark Mandriller

The problem with the merc elbow in CT is that if you start it when you're not in range then you have to wait until the animation is finished to try again. The fuck does that have to do with netcode?

Or is this another one of those Agent failing at internet things like the time you claimed that I wouldn't get lag on an American server in L4D because it's a Steam game?

Pusianka

Oh come on you guys! Your answer are so full of hatred. It's new year, we forget the difficulties of the past, bad experiences and so on. It's time to reborn (I already await an answer in a pic).

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

Spark Mandriller

here's a happy picture of love and happiness then since you want one so much.

2d love still counts, right?

Pusianka

Yyyyy... No...(Hate Anime) But this pic looks as tho you took your time and took it in your bedroom. The afford you made has already been noticed by me and taken into consideration as your sacrifice for me. (it's quite early here, not thinking straight if above does not make sense then... ZzzzzZZZzzz.

- Hit it."

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Spark Mandriller on January 11, 2012, 03:20:30 AM
here's a happy picture of love and happiness then since you want one so much.

2d love still counts, right?

SOLD! If you add cat ears and a tail. And boobs.