I thought sc ct was dead?

Started by Xzerio, February 03, 2012, 06:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xzerio

Does anyone know how to play sc ct versus. because back last year during summer i bought sc ct on steam because xbox live v1 was terminated but versus mode dos'nt work so i thought ubisoft took it off pc too but i hear some people can still play it

AgentX_003

Quote from: Xzerio on February 03, 2012, 06:01:15 AM
Does anyone know how to play sc ct versus. because back last year during summer i bought sc ct on steam because xbox live v1 was terminated but versus mode dos'nt work so i thought ubisoft took it off pc too but i hear some people can still play it

yes you can still play it on the pc  just if you are american then it comes down to getting organized games around say 10 pm est / 9 central , anything before that you will be able to find people.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Xzerio

Whenever i get on sc ct and go to versus it just shows the versus background nothing else

Pusianka

Quote from: Xzerio on February 07, 2012, 05:01:04 AM
Whenever i get on sc ct and go to versus it just shows the versus background nothing else

That means you're fucked ^^

but seriously, have you tried opening it manually through folder?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

TheBlindHouse

Hmm..

Well, I remember an Issue  I had awhile back that prevented me from playing Versus. I recall my graphics drivers crashing every time it tried to load the profile selection screen. Now I realize that your issue could be quite different from what mine was, but go ahead and try changing your GPU scaling ( assuming you have it on ) to different methods of scaling. By methods I mean options along the lines of "maintain aspect ratio", "scale image to full size panel", or "use centered timings." These options in particular are the options given in AMD's Catalyst Control Center. The names will vary with other manufacturers. For example, my laptop which uses an Intel chipset labels these as "aspect ratio options." You could also try turning GPU scaling off if the option is available. All that being said, I have no clue as to why that fixed my issue  ;D .
Also, if you do happen to get it running and notice weird issues with lighting or the merc's torchlight not working, go to this nice little forum post here :

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1911695

Hope I helped  :D