103 Slide Marketing PPT on SCDA

Started by Aj, February 28, 2013, 05:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aj

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2822324/SC4%20mkg%20Part%20A%20180106.ppt

Someone posted that on Ubi.  It's a ~57MB download FYI.

Some of the interesting bits I picked out of it: (highlighting/bolding mine)

QuoteMAP EDITOR:
Confirmed – should be ready at the release of the game

ATC:
TBC – a tool that lets the players create and share their own strategies (multiplayer)
PC Version:
Xbox port disappointment
2. Splinter Cell fans
They will buy SC4 even in a pink box

GIVE PERSONNALITY TO SAM FISHER + COMMUNICATE ON ACCESSIBILITY RELYING ON COOL 'DOUBLE AGENT' POSITIONING

SheikTheGeek

The title says SCDA, but is this about Blacklist?
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

Cronky

It looks like it's marketing of SCDA/Essentials. It does give an interesting insight into their process, as far as marketing/budget. What seemed a little unclear to me at first was the fact that the powerpoint was being updated periodically in the months before release.

Also it was interesting seeing that they not only compared themselves with other similar genres (Hitman, Syphon Filter, Prince of Persia), but also high grossing games in other genres (FIFA, Brotherhood in Arms, etc..).
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Aj

Quote from: SheikTheGeek on February 28, 2013, 11:05:42 AM
The title says SCDA, but is this about Blacklist?

No, it's DA/Essentials.

The two most interesting parts to me were the map editor thing, and the pink box comment.

Spekkio

I think it's fake.

1- The style is too amateur. Gray background with black text? Not the way to keep your boss's attention.
2- The analysis of sales and market trends is too shallow. Reads like someone summarized IGN reviews and uses unprofessional idioms.
3- The conclusions based on (2) are not accurate in hindsight and don't support the direction SC has gone.

The whole presentation reads like it was written by a 16 year old who thinks he can explain the mind of Ubisoft. I could be wrong, but if so then Ubi needs to find better marketing department talent. They completely missed the mark on why sales were stagnant or declining with SCPT and SCCT and where they should take the genre in the future to reverse this trend.

So, they are either really dumb or it's fake. I think it's fake.

Btw: Hi.

frvge

Looks legit to me. I don't see a 16 year old do a SWOT analysis, long-term marketing planning, deal with legal questions (age rating) and provide web statistics and CTR of emails.

Interesting numbers. I'm surprised by the relatively low budget of 4 million for SCCT. Then drop to SCDA's budget really showed  in the end in the level of quality.

Of course the looks of the presentation sucks. However, maybe its background is referring to some external image that has been removed, or they don't have fancy templates... As long as it gets the job done, it's OK.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.