Difference between We and They

Started by Ion.67, August 02, 2007, 05:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ion.67

If you are not a developer of this game, do not say we. It is so confusing for other people, me included, when everyone says, "Yes, we are adding this!" Developers have an official word, not regulars.

If you don't know for sure, or you have nothing to do with this mod, please, please, stop saying we.

BTW: I know, I am no mod, but I don't care. I thought this needed to happen, for the sake of my sanity.

Tidenburg

Even though it's the developers who will put in the real work, I think what draws alot of people is how many ideas goodKebab and the admins are accepting from the community. And alot of people will know what is being added and what isn't. I don't see a problem with people saying we because I kinda see this as a community project. I would mind if someone did it on ubi forums or something like that where they are not helping with the development of ideas.

Pointless thread.

frvge

All input is welcome.
But 'we' have to decide what goes in eventually.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Ion.67

I didn't mean that we shouldn't input anything, I meant when someone has an idea, people answer, "We don't have time for this. We think this sucks." The developers should be the only ones who can have that word, but the community can help.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

I think that "we" are the SC community, and part of it are the "Devs" and the other part are the... rest of the community.

ffs we all are here for the same reason, and everybody helps the way he can. If for example i can't do something practically (say i cant program in C++), i can at least give some ideas, or advertise the project.
And btw - can i be called a developer if i develop ideas?  :P

Ion.67

You are not listening. I am trying to say, when answering someones idea, do not say we are not putting this in unless it is official.

Gui Brazil

What he means is....

Person A says:
"Hey I WANT SPY BULLETS TO BE PINNK AND PLAY ALELUIA ITS RAINING MEN instead of making spy sounds!"

Person B that isn't on the production/admin team says:
"Yes, WE're gonna do that"

He'll say "yes WE will do that", even if he has no power on deciding on what gets and doesn't get into the mod.

Ion.67

Quote from: Gui Brazil on August 02, 2007, 07:26:49 PM
What he means is....

Person A says:
"Hey I WANT SPY BULLETS TO BE PINNK AND PLAY ALELUIA ITS RAINING MEN instead of making spy sounds!"

Person B that isn't on the production/admin team says:
"Yes, WE're gonna do that"

He'll say "yes WE will do that", even if he has no power on deciding on what gets and doesn't get into the mod.

Exactly.

Farley4Fan

Yep, we come up with ideas.  They decide what goes in.