Instead of berserk

Started by neth, December 03, 2007, 06:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neth

Coping berserk animation could be a copyrights violation thats why It may be good to put something instead of it.

I was thinking about a field that the merc would launch. The effect could be similar to the one when he stands up after being knocked down - bolts everywhere on his body. When he enables it, he would not be able to move for a sec. The range of this could be similar to berserk's range. It would also solve the problem when the spy tries to jump on merc's head. In CT it looks a bit crappy when merc makes 360 and spy gets hit altough he jumps on head... There could be some nice graph. effects added - like blurs or merc's screen colour changes.

After this merc could be a little exhausted so he would have to kneel, falter or bend for 0,5-1 sec (in CT he just couldnt move)

Westfall

Interesting idea. The field would act exactly like the berserk minus the animation. Maybe try and think of an animation instead of a shield of electricity around the mercs body that would electrocute him?

P.S. Berserk isn't a copywritten action by anyone. You can't put copyright on a particular action.

neth

Even if its not copywritten its not very nice cause as I said it looks bad when spy tries to jump on.

I chose electric field cause i couldnt "invent" any move that would also affect the spy both when he falls down and tries to neck.

Westfall

Maybe we can try and think of an alternate move?

frvge

Energy shield like Dragonball Z  ;D
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Bionic-Blob

indeed, because everyone who spins in a circle with their arms out has to pay ubisoft..

neth

Quote from: Bionic-Blob on December 03, 2007, 07:46:32 PM
indeed, because everyone who spins in a circle with their arms out has to pay ubisoft..

OK, forget about copyright crap and give your idea. Youre for keeping this gay spin which looks idiotic or for putting something new. Give some constructive criticism, youre surely good at it.

Gawain

i think berserk looks cool and is good for the gameplay.
it looks stupid against jumps so we could add a third animation for this purpose but why fix what ain't broken?

Farley4Fan

nice one blob lol

I was thinking something where the merc takes his gun and swings the butt of it over his head with a lot of force.  Again, here is a halo example:  When a hunter tries to hit you with his arm, he swings his arm over his head and hits the ground behind him.  Hopefully someone here knows what kind of animation I am talking about and can back me up.  Any halo players know?  Can you explain it better than I can?  :D

Herei s a video I found of a hunter trying to beat down a brute ( Hunters are the blue ones lol )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nir4osJinnA&feature=related
AT ABOUT 20 SECONDS you can see him do the move I am talking about a couple times!
Too bad the quality is shitty but you can still see the basic idea.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

He swings his arm overhead and turns around at the same  time. Cool.

Farley4Fan

Exactly!  You put it in the right words lol.  I think that this would really work for PS.  It would change gameplay a tiny bit because the merc turns around when he does it, but this should knock down everyone around him anyways.

Bob_Bobber0

Hmmm.. interesting idea, it would look pretty cool too. I think it would fix the spy jumping on the head problem too

LoChang

Digital-Maniac

I think a Razor Kick like Guile from Street Fighter would ROck!

or a shoryuken like Ryu

But considering the weight of a Merc w all his equipment, he's have to have some pretty strong legs to get up

SITHDUKE

That's a Flash Kick. To counter spies jumping on you we need to hold down for a few seconds them up kick! I want Hadoukens!