Electronic Glove strikes back

Started by neth, December 05, 2007, 09:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neth

Before you say that this idea is rubbish, it destroys CT completely and that we have already discussed it please read carefully, there are things I didnt include while presenting this idea before.

1. Electronic Glove would be an option to take instead of SS.
2. You cant ss the merc with glove and you cant launch nades but you get the ability to set nade traps on the ground or walls, which you can detonate when you want. When they get detonated, the effect is similar to the one when nades blow up. Traps are destroyable and visible by merc (if they are not hidden behind e.g. the corner). They are visible like cams on EMF. You can set as many traps as many you have nades but only 1 at a time. One trap can include up to 2 nade types in it, which blow up simultanously after detonation. For example you set a trap made of chaff and smoke.
3. You can hack remotely, but you dont store data like in DA - its normal hacking. The range is very limited - up to 4-7 metres. Hacking speed depends on how close you are to the hacking device. When you hack, you cant stop immediatelly. It takes the same ammount of time to enter/exit hacking mode as it gets for spy to start/stop hacking when its done without glove.
4. When you hack objective with your glove, it makes a sound which pings the reticle. The closer merc gets to the area of hacking objective, the better he hears it.
5. You can only hack objective from the same terrain level as the objective.
6. The thing with remote hacking is that in some situations spy can survive thrown nade and merc cant snipe him automatically
7. Spy using the glove is visible on EMF
8. Spy who chose glove can launch cams, bullets, snares and use HBS.
9. Spy with glove can break glass/lights very fast
10. He can also hack the merc for limited time, he doesnt have to do it from the same terrain level. It takes some time but after this merc cant snipe, use visions, his flashlight blinks mad and vision is distorted (how much is a matter of balance).
11. Range of glove when hacking merc or breaking lights is much greater than when hacking obj. 
12. Glove gives you better camo battery
13. HBS gets a better range, bullets make no sound when fired and their time of working is extended.
14. Glove allows you to use the HBS very fast, it doesnt make a sound then. Because of glove spy cant taz he has to know where mercs exactly are to avoid them.

I dont expect this idea to be added to the game immediatelly. I hope it will be reconsidered when beta or final game is released and devs will have time to work on it.

frvge

No to:
2 [no firing, only throwing], 4, 5, 9

indifferent on 11

rest is a yes IMO.

FOR PS2.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: neth on December 05, 2007, 09:58:27 PM
I dont expect this idea to be added to the game immediatelly. I hope it will be reconsidered when beta or final game is released and devs will have time to work on it.

Hold your horses, don't expect anything  :D

I like the idea and I think it would be a great addition.  Except, maybe cut down on the things that it can fire.  Also, the ways that maps are balanced is greatly dependent on the lighting.  So, make the lights get only shut down temporarily and not permanently.

I LOVE the grenade trap idea, it just sounds like it would be fun as hell to do.  Imagine just walking and instantly getting hammered by a flash bang and a smoke at once.  You'd have no time to turn the mask on and you'd just be like "WTF WAS THAT?!"  But, it would be balanced by the fact that they can't shoot grenades which is a big handicap.

I like it, needs some modification but yeah.

Who said there weren't enough ideas again?  I just got another one.  Go check out my newest thread!  Sorry I've been making a lot lately, but they aren't spam.

Gawain

no to a SS replacement. the only interesting thing is remote hacking. maybe we can add a new mode/new objective type similar to scda where you can hack from distance, safe the data and extract it.

Farley4Fan

Except instead of PD being the merc's main tool of finding spys you could make it where hacking makes noise so it pings the merc's reticule.  It's not a replacement.  Really, it is an alternative.  A replacement means taking something out of the game and replacing it with something else entirely.   Like how DA replaced health packs with syringes would be "REPLACING" them.

neth

Quote from: frvge on December 05, 2007, 10:07:39 PM
No to:
2 [no firing, only throwing], 4, 5, 9

indifferent on 11

rest is a yes IMO.

FOR PS2.

2 - no firing means that you have to plan your moves before merc comes, thats why there are nade traps
4 - I dont know about you but i wouldnt want to look for remotely hacking spy and waste time
5 - would you like to see spies hacking objectives from vents and when merc comes they would go and camp it until mercs go away ?
9 - Whats the problem with that ? It worked well in DA, Ofc not all lights would be broken permanently... even all lights can be shut off for limited time. Its just that it would take less time than it takes when you use ss

Good luck in creating PS2 frvge. I hope I ever see it in my life but these are not ideas for PS2 but for PS.
If you dont want them, just say it, and dont try to make me believe in this PS2 thing. As I guess other people (and even devs) also have opinions about this idea and it would be nice not to cut the discussion with: "Wait, in 10 years I will put it into PS2". This idea is also to be implemented directly, not to create another game mode...

frvge

It differs too much in gameplay from our current goal.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

InvisibleMan999

I don't like the idea of remote hacking. I wouldn't mind if you could stand a bit off from the terminal just to prevent easy sniping (I hate how your head is always in the same spot in CT), but people hiding in vents and on the ceiling and shit sucks. I hated trying to find random spies in DA and I wouldn't want to do that in CT either.

If theres remote hacking, I'd prefer it be just for subobjectives, like maybe a gadget lets you hack doors from afar. Even so much as being able to place a remote hacking device on a console and then hack it from anywhere in the level.

I sort of liked the idea of hacking the merc remotely, though i"d prefer it be something more passive. Like when the merc is hacked, he doesn't even know it. Instead of doing things like screwing up his hud and crap, it tells the spy where the merc placed all his mines and traps (they appear on radar) and possibly does something like make the spy undetectable on the merc's special visions. The vision hack remains for about as long as a spybullet, and the spy wouldn't know the location of new mines that you place after being hacked. 

Unlike normal hacking, or getting shot by the SS, you're not aware that you've been hacked. If the spy managed to be completely stealthy with the 5-10 seconds required to hack you, then you're totally unaware. I figure that after the hack has been purged, like the one minute time is up, there could be a message saying "Virus in suit programming detected and purged." So you know you had been hacked, so people can be aware of it in the future. 

Spekkio

If you have remote hacking, you need to include a presence detector. Otherwise, no one will be able to find the spies.

I don't think anyone really wants to have a PD...

B1nArY_001

Quote from: Spekkio on December 06, 2007, 04:11:16 PMI don't think anyone really wants to have a PD...

I'd shoot my testicles off with a 12g flechette round.

neth

Quote from: InvisibleMan999 on December 06, 2007, 03:09:53 PM
I don't like the idea of remote hacking. I wouldn't mind if you could stand a bit off from the terminal just to prevent easy sniping

Thats the purpose !

Quote from: InvisibleMan999 on December 06, 2007, 03:09:53 PM
but people hiding in vents and on the ceiling and shit sucks.

That would not happen. Because:
1. Range of hacking device is to small (4-7 metres)
2. You can only hack from the same terrain level

Quote from: Spekkio on December 06, 2007, 04:11:16 PM
If you have remote hacking, you need to include a presence detector. Otherwise, no one will be able to find the spies.
I don't think anyone really wants to have a PD...

Nope, you dont have to, cause:

a) The range of hacking device is quite small, so you generally can predict when the spy can be
b) You can only hack from the same terrain level, so spies dont hack from vents
c) Merc hears sound produced by hacking device, which tracks him to the spy, the closer he is to him.
d) spy is visible on emf while hacking

No PD is needed then...

Seriously, its not that far from original gameplay, there is no single revolutionary thing.
There is completely no abuse and no reason to be afraid of this.
I know that we are all used to using ss when you're endangered but some people would prefer avoiding that and instead, focus on planning. Remote hacking is only a small addition. People with remote hacking tool wont be able to play aggro DA style.
I really dont get what you guys are afraid of, if you like playing with ss you will still be able to do that, no one is taking it away...

Bionic-Blob

sounds nice to me, with a few changes. nice stealthy gameplay ^_^

Farley4Fan

Yeah we could also make it where the spy pings the merc's reticule while hacking, making it easier to find him even more.

Gawain

the only way to implement this properly map-wise is creating a new type of objective.
btw, remote hacking was way too slow in scda.

Bionic-Blob

Quote from: Gawain on December 06, 2007, 06:23:26 PM
the only way to implement this properly map-wise is creating a new type of objective.

says who