2nd Alarm Snare Mode?

Started by Ion.67, February 05, 2008, 12:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ion.67

I was just thinking about the alarm snare. What if you could set an alarm snare, and trigger it remotely. It work work more like the sticky camera that way. You wouldn't have to use this, and could just use the default way.

Westfall

Quote from: Ion.67 on February 05, 2008, 12:41:11 AM
I was just thinking about the alarm snare. What if you could set an alarm snare, and trigger it remotely. It work work more like the sticky camera that way. You wouldn't have to use this, and could just use the default way.

This is similar to the idea of planting a bomb and then remotely activating it. I'm for it, within a certain distance of course. I think it would be a neat idea with the snares too.

Gawain

this is a bad idea. just make the placing snares sound real gentle and everything is fine. if the merc finds out that there's a snare quickly he should be rewarded.

Westfall

Quote from: Gawain on February 05, 2008, 12:45:16 AM
this is a bad idea. just make the placing snares sound real gentle and everything is fine. if the merc finds out that there's a snare quickly he should be rewarded.

How hard is it to tell if there is a snare down? Not hard at all. If you were toplace a snare, move away, then activate it when a merc was close, it would catch his attention as you go else where. If you can activate it, you should be able to deactivate it too.

Wanted_David

Agreed. This should be added to the game, but as Westfall-US said:
Quote from: Westfall-US on February 05, 2008, 12:42:53 AM
I'm for it, within a certain distance of course.
http://i11.tinypic.com/4pnk9jo.jpg[/img]
Wanna see something weird?Click here[/url]

AgentX_003

I agree with Nox-rambo on this one scince , thats how it was in pt the snares / bullets didn't make much noise and was alot better that way.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Ion.67

Quote from: AgentX_003 on February 05, 2008, 03:02:59 AM

I agree with Nox-rambo on this one scince , thats how it was in pt the snares / bullets didn't make much noise and was alot better that way.

What does this have to do with the noise? I just wanted it to be able to be triggered later; nothing mentioned about the noise.

Farley4Fan

That would be bad activating a snare that you placed next to a security laser across the map.  Of course you have to wait 20 sec for that alarm to go down, but you are free to move as they think you are across the map.  Within a range of 120- feet I say.

Westfall

Quote from: Papa Skull on February 05, 2008, 04:23:51 AM

That would be bad activating a snare that you placed next to a security laser across the map.  Of course you have to wait 20 sec for that alarm to go down, but you are free to move as they think you are across the map.  Within a range of 120- feet I say.

If you can activate it, you should be able to deactivate it. On/Off button on a remote...lol

Gawain

Quote from: Westfall-US on February 05, 2008, 12:47:50 AM
How hard is it to tell if there is a snare down? Not hard at all. If you were toplace a snare, move away, then activate it when a merc was close, it would catch his attention as you go else where. If you can activate it, you should be able to deactivate it too.
that's the point: by reducing the placement sound (<=>pt) and lowering the playing frequency (or is it "rate"? sry for bad english) of noises it would become harder to tell quickly that it's only a snare. this way snares become rather a stealth tool and not the aggro tool they are now.

BurningDeath

Quote from: Gawain on February 05, 2008, 01:36:25 PM
that's the point: by reducing the placement sound (<=>pt) and lowering the playing frequency (or is it "rate"? sry for bad english) of noises it would become harder to tell quickly that it's only a snare. this way snares become rather a stealth tool and not the aggro tool they are now.
Do all that AND make them triggerable and you have a gadget that is worth a slot again.

Gawain

no it would be op because the merc would never be able to trust his sound indicator again (which is quite weak vs good players anyways)

BurningDeath

Quote from: Gawain on February 05, 2008, 02:22:34 PM
no it would be op because the merc would never be able to trust his sound indicator again (which is quite weak vs good players anyways)
You contradict yourself there. If it's weak anyways, why would you want to trust it?

I overthought it again: I think we should try 5 triggerable snares, with activation sound and believable distraction-noises.

Westfall

Quote from: Gawain on February 05, 2008, 02:22:34 PM

idk about you, but my sound reticule is the most useful tool I have as a merc. Even against good players, it has saved my ass through think and thin. I can tell you the snares are very obvious, because they just dont change direction. At all. I rthink being able to activate it would be worthwhile.

Ion.67

I do think that the sounds should be more realistic, and be less frequent, but we should also be able to trigger them. It makes sense, too, because this is highly advanced equipment.

I agree that the sound reticle is the best merc gadget, hands down. You can throw out grenades, mines, all of that, but throw out the sound reticle and the mercs would be way harder to play.