So are there any good Xbox games?

Started by Spark Mandriller, September 19, 2010, 04:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cronky

Quote from: Cronky on September 23, 2010, 10:53:31 AM
Quote from: monterto on September 21, 2010, 09:20:13 PM
I was soooooo sad when mega man legends 2 didn't make the jump to the N64.

Well we'll have to see how this rumor pans out.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-capcom-working-on-new-mega-man-legends-184507.phtml

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103852-Capcom-Reveals-Mega-Man-Legends-3DS-New-3DS-Resident-Evil

My views on Mega Man Legends has now been skewed... but if Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, and possibly Chaos Theory on the 3DS are going to be popping up, then perhaps I will be presently surprised.

...Oh, and Dead Rising 2 is indeed fun.

Keep in mind (if you haven't played the first one) that it's ALL about time limits/management. While you can refuse to do anything in game (and still play), and instead just kill zombies for 3 in-game days... You wont get the story that way.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Farley4Fan

First thing to do is your first playthrough only saving survivors, beating bosses, killing zombies.  Second playthrough or even in your third one, THEN do the story.  After you have leveled up, gotten money, combo cards, figured out where important books/weapons/food are, THEN do story.

And yeah, your daughter will die if you don't give her zombrex.  I found it funny when she died even though she likes mega man.  (she plays it in the game)

Cronky

I don't have it in me to play the game twice. So I saved all the survivors (that you get messaged about), killed the psychos, and did the story. Probably wont end up playing the game over again just to see the minor things I missed out on.

Perhaps Spoilers to those who haven't played the game...

...Like the Poker game with the buy in of 100,000 dollars, getting the SUV (or the car), Killing the Rednecks, apparently there's a Tiger(?), and I'm sure there are many more random survivors (with no message warning).

...and not finishing "Ante Up" killed my soul a little bit. (Just takes far too much time)

/spoilers

Some parts were tense on time, but incredibly gratifying when it all comes together and you get everything done without missing stush. Perhaps easier than DR1 in the time management, but in a good way. Plus Capcom having all the Mega Man cameos just takes it to a whole new level. (Cutscenes with a Servebot headpiece on... hilarious)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Farley4Fan

Oh and I forgot to say that your daughter dying is not a spoiler.  It's not part of the main storyline or anything like that.  You have to continually give her zombrex so she can live but you can choose whether or not to do so.  No zombrex = no daughter = no responsibilities = win.

I haven't even done the main story yet, I know no spoilers.

DreadStunLock

Since this is a Splinter Cell--ish forum, I will say Splinter Cell Conviction since it's less buggy on Xbox360 and can be fun with family members or best friends give it a try or you can always p***te it.

Spark Mandriller

Quote from: DreadStunLock on September 30, 2010, 09:19:11 PM
Since this is a Splinter Cell--ish forum, I will say Splinter Cell Conviction since it's less buggy on Xbox360 and can be fun with family members or best friends give it a try or you can always p***te it.

Farley4Fan

That xbox live guy is hip.

Dread I think most people here have at least given Conviction a try.   :D 

We don't agree on mark and execute lolololol

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Farley4Fan on October 01, 2010, 07:42:09 AM
That xbox live guy is hip.

Dread I think most people here have at least given Conviction a try.   :D 

We don't agree on mark and execute lolololol

But I do and so does the Soviet Russia! So I get 1000 000 votes!

Spark Mandriller

So wait let me get this straight.

They sell wallpapers? And people buy them?

:/

DreadStunLock

Quote from: B-3A Misty Lady on October 04, 2010, 03:09:15 PM
So wait let me get this straight.

They sell wallpapers? And people buy them?

:/

No we sell Russian Standard and people buy them :)

Spark Mandriller

update: ketsui is really fucking hard

like really fucking hard

Farley4Fan

Spark Mandriller

no seriously http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llS-b0OL5Fc

and i mean i can't even get to this level i always get killed by the boss of stage 4

monterto

http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]